• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Sweden Democrats latest scandal

What really happened?

Svensksmith
post 16.Nov.2012, 08:16 PM
Post #16

@djmarko

"Noble profession as in career politicians work hard all their lives to provide service for the people, in all essence the thought of a politician to me is someone that works for the people"

That's the way it should be, but in the real world it is seldom the case. Unfortunately.

As far as the SD party goes, it's apparent that there are a few bad apples in the bunch...maybe the whole bunch, but they, at present, are the only political party with the guts to address the situation of immigration. Whatever your own personal belief may be, the Swedish people should have a voice in the direction that their country is taking. A good, hard look at Malmö should be enough to convince most people that the issue of immigration is of legitimate concern.
Go to the top of the page
+
oddsock
post 11.Dec.2012, 02:39 AM
Post #17

Oh god no, I live near Malmö and it is one of the few places in Sweden where I can escape to in order to get a bit of culture and, you know, disorganisation.

In fact I am considering moving to Malmö.
+
John.Smith
post 11.Dec.2012, 07:56 AM
Post #18

I respect the right of any political party to exist and for them to express any views they wish to. We live in a democratic country. I do not agree with their general theme and consider myself to be just right of center in my political views... it is just a shame that SD are the only party bringing the immigration question to the table.

Intelligent Immigration control and integration policies does not = racism or xenophobia but it really feels like it when SD express their views. This has the unfortunate side-effect that the majority of Swedes have a knee-jerk reaction to SD which is to label them as racists and their policies too.

It feels like SD's agenda is having the opposite of what they want, i.e. instead of a logical and intelligent discussion about how many immigrants Sweden can support, it is turning into a emotive and heated sh!t throwing contest...
+
oddsock
post 17.Dec.2012, 01:29 AM
Post #19

Hmm, in Holland every time the racist party got exposed for being a bunch of racists, their support went up. So in the end they just acted grossly racist on purpose and it worked out for them.

SD's support has gone up since the hidden camera incident. Nothing to bring the cockroaches out of the woodwork like a good bit of racism. Perhaps SD will realise that being openly racist will increase their support.

Honestly, I think it's a good thing in the long run. No use beating around the bush, let's see how many Swedes actually want to vote for this bullshit. Air the dirty laundry and stop pretending to be a cuddly country. After a while people will get bored of all this racist crap and move on. But first things have to get worse... the lessons from Holland suggest for 10 years or so.
+
Yorkshireman
post 17.Dec.2012, 01:46 AM
Post #20

In Politics it isn't what you do that the public respond to, but how you handle it. It is quite clear that Jimmy Åkesson has been receiving training from a very good PR company/person during the last year or so. Their support base previously was mainly white ethnic Swedes, plus a number of non-ethnic Swedes, this latest increase in the poles indicates a growing support in the older population. Their recent focus on policies, ie. support for extending tax deduction for home tuition etc, and other non-immigration topics indicates that they are also looking to gain support from Women, which they lack right now.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 17.Dec.2012, 04:26 AM
Post #21

Politicians, the Clergy, and Sirens of old...sing a song...those that listen and agree...beware!

However when the song comes from the people to the Politicians...those that don't listen, also beware.

If the people want xenophobia and the confusing term "racism" who are the Politicians that don't listen?...Those that don't get re-elected... That's who...or not!

When there is a song from the people, a good politician will listen and use it to gain power with the people...so what I am saying is what slander is written about what party...as it is only the recognition of what people want, that those in power see as a threat to their authority.

Who writes the news?

+
oddsock
post 17.Dec.2012, 01:36 PM
Post #22

They are a racist party and the people voting for them are racists.

This is not slander, it is simply an observation.

That 10%-15% of a country is racist doesn't surprise me. After all, this happened in Belgium, Holland, Austria, Denmark. I don't see why Sweden would be any different.

And the only way for a nation to overcome racism is like overcoming alcohol addiction: acknowledge it exists. At the moment the Swedish media are shocked and appalled that SD receive so much support in Swedish society. Like an alcoholic denying they have a problem. So there are racists out there, it shouldn't be a surprise.

The establishment just can't believe that Swedes could be racist. The delicious irony is that this attitude in itself is a form of racism, e.g. assuming Swedes are so superior that they could never be racist.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 17.Dec.2012, 05:35 PM
Post #23

Racism is a word so abused by those that which to denigrate others use it as a means to silence people who don't agree with them...we are all racists to some extent...it is a part of being human...however those called racist by others who are just a racist, when they are faced with the same situation are really hypocrites...I guess it really "takes one to know one" is a good example of what I mean.

Racism would be a minimal complaint if everybody stayed home! cool.gif
+
jvtx3232
post 4.Jan.2013, 06:41 PM
Post #24

QUOTE (Localer @ 16.Nov.2012, 09:26 AM) *
i think its a media or government propaganda to bring down the growing support for SD. who knows.

Of course it is. One would have to be awfully naive to believe otherwise.
+
Social Hypocrisy
post 5.Jan.2013, 03:48 PM
Post #25

Lets just get it all out in the open! A percentage of swedes are openly racist, and I must say I have more respect fro them than a silent majority who secretly believe themselves to be superior.
I think that when the SD reach their true number the world can act and the UN will step in and place a trade embargo on Sweden like it did with South Africa. Only then will politicians address the underlying problem... like they did in South Africa.
+
byke
post 5.Jan.2013, 04:10 PM
Post #26

How could politicians address it, considering that Mr Fred himself uses terms such as "ethic swedes" when trying to dismiss failings in society (excuses).
+
Yorkshireman
post 6.Jan.2013, 12:15 PM
Post #27

QUOTE (Social Hypocrisy @ 5.Jan.2013, 03:48 PM) *
Lets just get it all out in the open! A percentage of swedes are openly racist, and I must say I have more respect fro them than a silent majority who secretly believe themselves to be superior.

Once they start to do some analysis of the numbers You might find that the number that were silent will come out of the closet. According to 2012 numbers, there was more permits issued (111.000+) than there was actual births in Sweden!. And for those that whine about asylum seekers, pay attention... out of that 111.000 permits granted, only 17.000 were asylum seekers (and/or people in need of protection), which is a small percentage of the total permits issued!
I think that when the SD reach their true number the world can act and the UN will step in and place a trade embargo on Sweden like it did with South Africa. Only then will po ... (show full quote)

By true number I assume You mean that they gain a larger support from the Swedish voting population? If so, why on earth would the UN take any action? To interfere with the Democratic process? They certainly would not. And just how would politicians address the issue? If, lets say, SD gain a very large percentage of support and votes, that indicates that the Swedish voting population want them into power, one could believe that the only way other politicians would react is to gain votes, by following in parallel with anti-immigration policies! Minority parties against those policies would have little chance to do anything.
+
oddsock
post 6.Jan.2013, 01:33 PM
Post #28

Word.
+
jvtx3232
post 6.Jan.2013, 04:00 PM
Post #29

Lets just get it all out in the open! A percentage of swedes are openly racist...

What's your definition of being a "racist"? I have a feeling it is a super-sensitive hair-trigger politically-correct anti-white definition of "racism."

To clarify and for the record, no one, and I mean no one, who is proud of being a Native Swede, their long glorious history, tradition, culture, etc. etc. etc. is in any way shape or form "racist." Never has been never will be.

Examples of ACTUAL racism include millions of black people Tweeting "F*CK WHITE PEOPLE" upon Barack Obama's reelcetion in November. So many in fact that "f*ck white people" became the lead trending phrase on Twitter for some time!

Another example would be black comedian Jamie Foxx stating on Saturday Night Live that he liked making his most recent movie Django Unchained because he got to shoot and "kill all the white people" in it!
+
Potentialexpat
post 6.Jan.2013, 08:43 PM
Post #30

Honestly I feel the reason the Swedish Democrats get support is because they are addressing the issue of immigration. So its very much possible that not all of its supporters are crazed white supremacists. However seeing the actions Swedish democratic party members committed on a comedian, and as well as Bystanders, and insulting people with the word "Blakke Lover" Its quite clear in a place run by Sweden Democrats I would not be welcome to study in Sweden because of my skin color. Also that they would criminalize other Swedes for thinking differently to their party line. They seem to me like a fascist party.

While I understand that immigration is a huge issue, as well as the fact that a lot of immigrants are not integrating into society. I also agree that if immigrants are not assimilating into society it needs to be reduced, and the issue addressed.
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN