• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Pet travel between Sweden and the UK

Swede abroad
post 13.Oct.2011, 07:08 PM
Post #1

Hi,

I am a Swede in the UK who is moving to Sweden shortly, with my cat. I am hoping to use serivce of the below company to transport my cat via road travel. The more pets they drive at the same time the cheaper the price... Anyone else that need their pet taken between Sweden and the UK, either direction? Check out the website and register your interest.

http://www.petsforpets.eu/
Go to the top of the page
+
DaveN
post 14.Oct.2011, 09:09 PM
Post #2

Why don't you just bring it with you in the cabin on City Airlines? If you wait until January you will only need the rabies jab and wait 3 weeks.
+
Swede abroad
post 15.Oct.2011, 09:34 AM
Post #3

Unfortunately you cannot book pets onto flights from the UK any longer. You have to go through an authorised company which takes the pet as cargo for you (although they can be on the same flight as you) and this really makes it very expensive. 650 pound is the cheapest option that I have found for flying.
+
DaveN
post 15.Oct.2011, 08:33 PM
Post #4

It says nothing about this on their website - only on flights from sweden to england. I bought back a pup a few months ago from birmingham on city without problems.

I also had some dogs shipped with SAS from heathrow to goteborg a couple of years ago, Two largish boxes with 3 meduim size dogs. Cost was about £900 all in. I didn't travel with them, A friend stuck them on the plane, and I collected them this end.
+
Swede abroad
post 18.Oct.2011, 08:46 AM
Post #5

Thank you so much for pointing out the option of City Airlines, I am now looking to use this option, much cheaper and quicker.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com