• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

IPhone 5 contract - Any advice?

Thinking of Telenor but reading bad reviews...

karmadroid
post 12.Nov.2012, 12:06 PM
Post #1

I'm thinking of signing a 24month contract with Telenor for an iPhone 5 but the more reviews I'm reading about Telenor the more I'm feeling this might be a bad option. Has anyone got an advice or experience with them? Any help will be much appreciated.

Tack
Go to the top of the page
+
byke
post 12.Nov.2012, 12:18 PM
Post #2

Telenor is "ok" ... but I wouldn't sign a 24 month contract for any phone.
Especially as you can buy the iphone 5 for 530 UK pounds , factory unlocked.
+
karmadroid
post 12.Nov.2012, 12:55 PM
Post #3

Thanks byke! Yes that was my first thought but I've also heard that they make it really hard to have a sim only setup here for the iPhone 5. Is this just sales talk to make you go with a contract?
+
byke
post 12.Nov.2012, 01:06 PM
Post #4

Its very easy to have a sim only setup.
Just walk into any store and ask ... I have it and it has saved me a fortune.
The sales people just want to sell you more than you need ...
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 12.Nov.2012, 02:40 PM
Post #5

Buying an IPhone 5 on 24 month contract from Telenor costs 240kr/month for the phone itself, i.e. a total of 5760kr. Add 350kr for unlocking the phone an the total is 6110kr or 596 GBP, so you save about 66 GBP by paying up front for an unlocked UK phone.

However, if you still want a Telenor subscription you lose a discount of 30kr/month, or in total 720kr or 67 GBP, by not buying the phone from them, so in total you don't save much by buying an unlocked phone if you want a Telenor subscription.
+
karmadroid
post 13.Nov.2012, 11:07 AM
Post #6

Thank you very much for the information, it's much appreciated!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com