• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Swedish boys fight less than other boys: study

The Local
post 13.Dec.2012, 02:49 PM
Post #1

Swedish boys are less likely to get into scraps than boys in other countries but are still more aggressive than the girls, according to an international study into different parenting styles.

The study, published on Thursday by Sweden's West University (Högskolan Väst) , looked at children aged seven to 10 in nine countries around the world: Colombia, the Philippines, Italy, Jordan, Kenya, China, Sweden and the US.

Senior psychology lecturer Emma Sorbring led the Swedish study, which is part of a long-term look at how parents rear their children.

She thinks the boys' lesser propensity for violence compared to their peers in other countries fits well into the social context in Sweden.

Click to read the full article.
Go to the top of the page
+
Emerentia
post 13.Dec.2012, 05:59 PM
Post #2

I think that it's because it's illegal to hit children in Sweden. Kid who get hit at home by their parents are more likely to hit other children, than kids who don't experience violent behaviour at home.
+
EmployedProfessional
post 13.Dec.2012, 10:19 PM
Post #3

Comment removed by The Local for breach of our terms.
+
coswede
post 14.Dec.2012, 06:34 AM
Post #4

All swedes are pussies
+
darko grkinic
post 17.Dec.2012, 10:14 AM
Post #5

Hello! I´m from sweden and i dont agry with that to. I think that Emma Sorbring did wrong research caus i lived in a getto in Göteborg and I so how wild cna be the sewdish kids. Now ill take in swedish. Jag tror att du Emma Sorbring propagerar en rasistisk sak . Enligt dig svenska pojkar är lugnare, snällare, etc.. Hur kan du säga så när du och jag vet att det är inte sant. Har du varit i Göteborgs gettos där du har också svenska familjer och dem visar ingen respekt heller för äldre eller andra och plus att dem slås och är mobbare. Så det som jag kan tror är det är mer rikedom som avgör beteende i vissa fal. Jag kommer ihåg 80-tals barn som var jätte finna och snälla och jag känner barnet som kom under kriget och efter och kan säga att skillnad är stort. Så enligt mig har du fel. Alla barn är lika det är upp till omgivningen och samhälles som avgör beteende i visa fal.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN