• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

'I dream that my son has been butchered'

The Local
post 7.Feb.2013, 02:00 PM
Post #1

As the Swedish media examines the climate of hatred towards women in the public eye, editor and author Åsa Linderborg recounts what happened when her newspaper Aftonbladet decided to blow the lid on Sweden's far-right websites.

"Can't that disgusting whore Linderborg just lie down and die?"

"She is such a whore, that bitch seems to be completely deranged. Lock the hooker in an mental asylum and throw away the key."

"Swedes hate you, you feminist communist asshole."

Then came the threats.

"It wouldn't surprise me if this whore ends up with a price on her head soon."

Click to read the full article.
Go to the top of the page
+
bourgeoisieboheme
post 7.Feb.2013, 03:30 PM
Post #2

Nice propaganda piece against the right! Glad to see where the views of the author are. I thought journalists were supposed to be unbiased in their reporting?
+
OddNewfi
post 7.Feb.2013, 04:13 PM
Post #3

Are we reading the same article, or are you being deliberately obtuse...?
I must admit to being heartily sick of the right wing, Daily Mail-esque comments spouted by the comment post-ers on the Local and when someone writes an article which shows the "unpleasant" side of the far right, the first comment is the cry biased?
From what I can see, the article quotes facts - at least about the abuse received.
Disregarding my own opinions, however and whether one agrees with the opinions of the author, the fact that someone can be abused for exercising their right to freedom of speech, should be offensive to persons from all sides of the political spectrum. The communications received can hardly be considered to be rational comment or counter argument?
Or am I missing something...
+
johan rebel
post 7.Feb.2013, 08:01 PM
Post #4

Lindeborg is a diehard communist. As a lifelong supporter of a whole cast of reprehensible mass murderers, she should give some thought to glass houses and stones. She feels really sorry for herself as a victim, yet has never given a damn about the millions of victims of the looney left maniacs she sujpports.
None of this of course excuses the threats and abuse she has been subjected to,. This just proves that there are far too many primitive people out there who lack the intelligence and verbal skills to express their feelings in a sublte and civilized way that still delivers a punch.
+
muscle
post 7.Feb.2013, 11:56 PM
Post #5

I dont know how you guys can politicize this article :S its generally almost every where around the globe, you will always find some a@@holes commenting in a threatening way while others might be rude, like me my self, and also there would always be some who would take it as neutrally!!!
why is it so difficult to agree if someone says something right, and you know it its true!
+
grymagnusson
post 8.Feb.2013, 12:55 PM
Post #6

Perhaps because The Local is 'Sweden's News in English' Hedegaard is Danish and was shot in, Denmark.
+
tadchem
post 8.Feb.2013, 02:41 PM
Post #7

The Human Race, on the whole, is not as civilized as we would like to believe.
We have similar problems in the US with insults and threats against the right from the left, and from both sides against the middle.
+
theobserver
post 8.Feb.2013, 10:58 PM
Post #8

Aftonbladet? Who would admit of working for this trash paper which is not even worth for cleaning your dirty shoes. Aftonbladet? Really? I would keep it a secret if I had to work for this almanac.
+
Geoff52
post 9.Feb.2013, 12:33 PM
Post #9

I don't think it matters what anyone's political persuasion is. We are all entitled to have an opinion. The problem with the comments in the article is that if they are real, they are insulting and are inciting violence.
Personally, it is fine to have views but better to keep them to oneself. Those who put forward their views publicly do so for gain. Åsa Linderborg has a right to her views, but no doubt wants to sell her books. That's fine by me. Those who are purported to have written about wanting to dispose of her have a right to their views but, honestly, the threats are ridiculous.
One view I would share is that being in the EC is doing more harm than good and we (the UK and Sweden) would be better off outside of it. The problem would be repatriation of those who have come to our countries for economic purposes. I would want the Eastern Europeans and those from African and Asian countries to go hom.
+
Frobobbles
post 9.Feb.2013, 12:50 PM
Post #10

@muscle, you write :"I dont know how you guys can politicize this article". For starters, the author is a Leninist that thinks, explicitly, that hatred between classes is better than mere struggle.
http://www.aftonbladet.se/kultur/article14883057.ab
+
godnatt
post 10.Feb.2013, 11:59 AM
Post #11

These people are real a--holes who are opposing the sacred principles of free speech that leftists like Linderborg and their Islamist bedfellows are so opposed to.
She has the right to express whatever she wants and anyone harassing her for it is no better than she and her Communist/Islamist comrades. Leave her alone.
But of course to put things in perspective...
Theo van Gogh WAS butchered by Islamists for his work.
Lars Hedegaard WAS shot at in his home by Islamists.
Using threats and intimidation makes you no better than those animals.
+
prieten
post 12.Feb.2013, 05:35 AM
Post #12

I always sing the praises of Sweden here in the USA as the most civilized, well-run country in the world which we should try to emulate. But this abuse that Ms. Linderborg must live with and some of the benighted comments made right here prove that Sweden is also home to many crazies. It worries me that despite Sweden's prosperity and social safety net, some people will never be satisfied. They will still look for excuses to threaten violence for perceived slights. I wish they would consider that if they invested the same amount of energy they do in their hate campaigns instead into activities like getting to know their neighbor or volunteering to help old people or teaching Swedish to foreign youngsters, their lives would take a turn for the better. The feeling one gets when someone says "thank you" is so much more wonderful than the feeling you get threatening someone anonymously with rape and then pressing the send button.
+
Scambaiter
post 12.Feb.2013, 10:12 AM
Post #13

Internet bullying is vile, and it's predominantly practiced by extreme right-wing xenophobes, islamophobes, bigots and other assorted trolls, who are perfecty aware that their views are abhorred by the vast majority of the population. The only way they can get away with it is by skulking around anonymously on the Internet hiding behind a username.
However, as regards regular trolls, IMO the best tactic to employ against them is to ignore them completely. Most trolls are only looking for a reaction. Giving them one only gives them affirmation.
As regards the more sinister right-wing elements that threaten violence etc, report them straight away. Even if they're hiding behind a proxy server/GPS Internet, the authorities can get a warrant and force the service provider to cough up their IP address. Then PROSECUTE!
We don't need any massacres like the one on Utoya.
+
Corvinus
post 12.Feb.2013, 03:37 PM
Post #14

Hehe Scambaiter makes it sound like it's only right-wing crazies that throw out threats of violence online. Both extremes are as bad as each other. There are plenty of scientists getting death threats from these militant vegan nutjobs...
+
RobinHood
post 14.Feb.2013, 08:19 AM
Post #15

Wasn't it Åsa Lindeborg who wrote all that embarrassing nonsense about Israel harvesting the organs of Palestinian children?
How on Earth did she keep a job in journalism?
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com