• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

You want new snowboard boots uh?!

Well, you can't. (if you think to move in Sweden)

prova2123
post 27.Jan.2013, 07:36 PM
Post #1

Hello everyone,

This is the story of how it is impossible for me (and for you) to buy a new pair of snowboards boots in Stockholm (and i guess anywhere in Sweden).

I am a Snowboarder. I got a new board and new bindings on-line because in Stockholm there is only 1 snowboard shop. This shop is called oneoff, and they have a very limited choice. 4 brands, that's all.

But i have now new board and i need to use it! too bad... because the limited choice of products that you usually suffer in Sweden, find it Armageddon in snowboard boots!

Yes, that's right. If you are an passionate snowboarder you cannot buy a pair of boots in Stockholm in January. Why? Well...the main reason is that, oneoff (the shop i mentioned before) sells only 4 brands. But lets suppose that all boots in the world are the same. How many boots size 43 you think this one shop is going to have in January?

0 - Zero - noll - null - nada - nothing

and 42?44?

lol - rofl - kek - lmao - 0 - Zero - null -

( And i did not considered that fact that boots are not the same, you need a boot with certain specs for your riding style...but never mind.)

Well, you say: go to stadion/intersport. Those two "average quality" shops have no boots choice at all, 2-3 models all of them pretty cheap end of the line of commercial stuff (i.e. low quality Burton)

Now where does this ends? I will need to buy boots on-line, with high risk of getting a wrong size/fit and not being able to choose like any other real European country.

What's my point?
Today while i was visiting oneoff, the typical Swedish shop assistant did his job very well. He was SLOW AS HELL (as in any other shop in Sweden), to serve the one customer before me. Meanwhile the queue got so long that people outside though there was some kind of party inside. The girl in front of me got her snowboard and she was smiling. And i was smiling too. It was totally the wrong sized board with a rocker (reverse camber) and way too expensive (and useless) for a beginner.

But the girl was happy, she got her Burton board, and Burton is cool, is from America and it does not matter if she wasted a lot of money for a product she doesn't need. It doesn't matter if she got a crappy service. She got what she saw in tv, she had what Sweden told her to get.

It seems to me, that here is pretty much the same for food brands or beverages, and other type of products in this country.

As far as i understood Sweden is all about: follow America but don't join the NATO. It is not neutral to join the NATO and we Swedish are always very neutral. Like you did with Assange.
Go to the top of the page
+
skogsbo
post 27.Jan.2013, 07:44 PM
Post #2

There are dozens of private retailers, or what about team sportia ? If you want special none mainstream boots, shop independently, not big chain.
Most ski hire places, also have shop that will trade online, google are or salen, if only you put as much effort into your shopping, as your massive post.

Ps. Boards/trays... So last season... wink.gif get on some planks.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 27.Jan.2013, 07:49 PM
Post #3

There are plenty of more stores than OneOff. Just use your Google Fu.
+
prova2123
post 27.Jan.2013, 07:57 PM
Post #4

* Thanks skogsbo you re-joy by my love towards you.

* Bender Bartender, name one(off).
+
skogsbo
post 27.Jan.2013, 08:06 PM
Post #5

smile.gif

Just thought I'd add I had a great day skiing today, wearing boots bought in Sweden, so comfortable I don't even bother backing them off at snack time. smile.gif you know its not to late to come back from the dark side, skiers will still talk to you!
+
prova2123
post 27.Jan.2013, 08:07 PM
Post #6

I know i will drag upon me the rage of all the winter sport population of Sweden, but hey it could have been worst =)
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 27.Jan.2013, 08:09 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (prova2123 @ 27.Jan.2013, 08:57 PM) *
* Thanks skogsbo you re-joy by my love towards you.. * Bender Bartender, name one(off).

Hollywood, Stadium, Länna Sport, Skidsport Bromma, Skidbytarboden, etc, etc...
+
skogsbo
post 27.Jan.2013, 08:47 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (prova2123 @ 27.Jan.2013, 08:07 PM) *
I know i will drag upon me the rage of all the winter sport population of Sweden, but hey it could have been worst =)

At least I won't have to hear you winge-ing your way up one of the tows, if you can't locate a pair of boots in a pretty colour you like. wink.gif
+
Migga
post 27.Jan.2013, 09:09 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (prova2123 @ 27.Jan.2013, 07:36 PM) *
Hello everyone,This is the story of how it is impossible for me (and for you) to buy a new pair of snowboards boots in Stockholm (and i guess anywhere in Sweden).I am a Snowbo ... (show full quote)

Alot of guessing and lying going on in your post, you are either very misinformed or you are on some ragetrip. Perhaps both. If you can`t find what you want in a store you go to the next. If you can`t find what you want there then you can go online. Coming on here and badmouthing an entire country won`t get you any snowboard boots.
+
prova2123
post 28.Jan.2013, 02:42 PM
Post #10

Hollywood - they do not sell snowboard stuff in Stockholm
Stadium - already mentioned in my first post, no choice low quality.
Länna Sport - only online, not in stockholm so same issue...blind shopping based on size
Skidsport Bromma - http://www.skidsport.nu/vinter/snowboard/boots/herr LOL this is choice for you?

skidbytarboden - you may have won your argument on this very last, which i will double check. Last time i was there i did not memorize the snowboard section. So there might actually be 2 snowboard shop in Stockholm...not bad. Thank you.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 28.Jan.2013, 04:09 PM
Post #11

With that attitude I'm sure you will have success in Sweden.

BTW, I asked Intersport why they do not sell snowboards anymore and apparently there is not sufficiently many buyers since snowboarding is a dying sport in Sweden.
+
prova2123
post 28.Jan.2013, 04:20 PM
Post #12

Yeah, i agree on that, probably a dying activity in Sweden...
+
skogsbo
post 28.Jan.2013, 04:40 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (Bender B Rodriquez @ 28.Jan.2013, 04:09 PM) *
With that attitude I'm sure you will have success in Sweden.BTW, I asked Intersport why they do not sell snowboards anymore and apparently there is not sufficiently many b ... (show full quote)

QUOTE (prova2123 @ 28.Jan.2013, 04:20 PM) *
Yeah, i agree on that, probably a dying activity in Sweden...

they've clearly seen the light !!

Skis are just more versatile, so I think people board for a while, then go back to skiing.

Why don't you just buy your boots when you get to where ever you plan to board? Speak to the shop in advance so they hold your size.

Or, if you are used to buying better brands, you will know your size in that brand, then buy online. Most footwear companies use the same last bases for years, so once you know your size for that brand, it's unlikely to change. Switch brands and obviously it's best to try on first, or at least clarify exchange policies.
+
thomaswh
post 24.Jan.2014, 08:30 AM
Post #14

hi all, i am looking for a snowboard area in your country, Sweden. Who can advice me one + good accommodation .
thanks in advance
+
willmacdonald
post 29.Jan.2014, 09:21 AM
Post #15

I just ordered a pair online, from snowinn.com

They are much cheaper than the real store, and offer free returns, so no real risk. Just make sure you are not in a rush.

William
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN