• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Work In Stockholm / Help

I really need work / Any support or advice please

Reza_stockholm
post 12.Feb.2013, 04:29 PM
Post #1

Hi everyone

I am Reza, 22 years old, and i moved from England to Sweden Stockholm for a better life, i have been here for 3 - 4 weeks now. I am really in need of work or any type of job from cleaning, moving things around, warehouse, bars, hospitals.. anything really just anything to make some money to pay my rent and some food to survive. I can pay for the last time which keeps me here for few more weeks and it is all i have left, i moved here to fix my life, i have nobody but 1 friend and she is amazing to help me get here but we are running out of time and money to fix this problem, she is all i have and i want to stay near her in life and try to make a living here for myself which i hope and think wont be impossible but its hard i know, please if anyone out there has any job or help you can give me, i understand not being able to speak Swedish will be hard to get a job... i know i have been out almost everyday looking at store's and they all say no jobs in this time and i search online etc, i visited this website and thought maybe i should post a topic for myself, if anyone can help or advice, i will appreciate it a lot, please reply or contact if you have the time. I am just trying to fix my life, i hope you understand. Thank you
Go to the top of the page
+
Migga
post 12.Feb.2013, 06:17 PM
Post #2

I heard of a guy who stood at the train station with a sign saying that he was looking for a job and had his CV in print with him. He was hired the next day. I guess if one is desperate enough that`s one way that has just a big a chance to work as going around handing out CVs. He spoke swedish though.
+
marius caesar
post 13.Feb.2013, 09:02 AM
Post #3

hi there ,
my name is Wisam and i'm living right now in UAE since 5 years , am working as After sales consultant at BMW

dealership , in fact am wondering if i can find suitable job in Sweden , or if anyone can help me .

i am Syrian i am 33 years- old, never married , you can check my facebook / marius caesar -vesama_alexandrovno@yahoo.com.

P.S you can contact me on marius_caesar@hotmail.com /mobile : 00971507244172
+
PageyGB
post 13.Feb.2013, 09:35 AM
Post #4

Ignoring the guy who shamelessly hyjacked your thread....

3 or 4 weeks is not a long time to be in Sweden wothout a job to be honest. I hear about 2-3 years a lot and 6 months I think is quite normal.

Have you tried Irish pubs? Walk in and ask in all of them. That is the best bet without Swedish.

do you have any skills? Are you an IT guy or anything?

General "I need a job, anything" pleading in Sweden doesnt usually get you far, you need to know what you are looking for.
Are you in Stockholm?
+
Reza_stockholm
post 13.Feb.2013, 01:54 PM
Post #5

yes i am in Stockholm as i said, no i have been here looking but before that 2 months my friend searched for me too when i was in england, yeah i understand it takes time, but i posted the thread for maybe some emergency help due to me not having time which is against me so call it pleading.. i don't care. I worked before as a glass collector for 6 months at a bar when i was studying in college last year in college, I am not an IT guy. skill wise which is useless maybe :

OCR Level 1 Key Skill In Working with Others
OCR Level 1 Key Skill in Improving Own Learning and Performance
OCR Level 1 Key Skill in Problem Solving

Level 3 BTEC NATIONAL DIPLOMA in BUSINESS
Grade = Merit - Pass - Pass

I don't think these will help me but this is what i had with me printed when i came for qualifications

If anyone out there has any info on a job please contact me or any support

+
Reza_stockholm
post 13.Feb.2013, 01:56 PM
Post #6

And as i said, im looking for any simple job, from cleaning, warehouse, factory etc just to make some money to save time to fix things
+
Reza_stockholm
post 13.Feb.2013, 11:09 PM
Post #7

Could an admin or anyone in control delete my thread.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com