• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

ID card for UK Citizen with personnummer

Can I apply anywhere apart from the skatteverket?

ninjaben
post 5.Feb.2013, 01:53 PM
Post #1

Hello TheLocal!

ive just gotten my personnummer! and now want to get an ID card

ive had a look at the polisen website and it looks like as i dont have any swedish ID(Only a UK passport) or according to their rules a suitable attester I can only go to the skatteverket office to apply for an ID card

i was just wondering if this is the case? or if i can apply at the polis station as the skatteverket office opening times are only ever when i work and i cant get time off at the moment and the polis stations accept applicants on the weekend

Tack för din hjälp!!
Go to the top of the page
+
johnjohn
post 5.Feb.2013, 02:03 PM
Post #2

Try your local bank as the police station is for the identification cards which require Swedish citizenship.
+
oddsock
post 5.Feb.2013, 02:18 PM
Post #3

Why do you want a Swedish ID?
+
Pursuivant
post 5.Feb.2013, 02:31 PM
Post #4

A new (biometric) EU passport is needed for the Skatteverket. And paying the fee beforehand, remember that. And then going to the right office...
+
Corvinus
post 5.Feb.2013, 02:36 PM
Post #5

You can get around the need for the biometric passport if you take a Swede along with you to confirm you are who you say you are. I have a passport from before biometrics were introduced, I took my girlfriend along to vouch for me and that was fine for them. I received my ID card around a week later.
+
oddsock
post 5.Feb.2013, 02:41 PM
Post #6

So they don't trust my pre-2006 non-biometric passport because they think it could be forged.

But if I bring a random Swede from the street and get them to say I am who I am, they will accept it.

How will the forgers ever crack such a fool-proof system.
+
Corvinus
post 5.Feb.2013, 02:43 PM
Post #7

Indeed,I found that amusing too. tongue.gif So, grab yourself a hobo off the street (assuming you can find a Swedish one...), promise him a big mac and a coffee in exchange for his vouching for you and you should be good to go!
+
ninjaben
post 5.Feb.2013, 03:00 PM
Post #8

Aha thank you!

my bank will only give me an ID card if i already have one... retarded! tongue.gif

and the attester only works with sambo, registered employer/partner or an official, its not so easy with that

so I guess skatteverket is the way to go!

thanks guys and girls smile.gif
+
oddsock
post 5.Feb.2013, 04:07 PM
Post #9

You already have a bank account?

Why do want an ID? You collect them?
+
johnjohn
post 5.Feb.2013, 04:35 PM
Post #10

@oddsock, I use my ID card all the time, bank transactions, hospital visits, clinics, rental office etc. A week does not pass without using it.
+
ninjaben
post 5.Feb.2013, 04:52 PM
Post #11

well first i would love to not take my passport around everywhere with me, secondly my bank told me it would be more beneficial to have an ID card for EID (electronic tax returns)

would also be great not to have my ID challenged everytime i present it

and yes i have a bank account with SEB
+
oddsock
post 5.Feb.2013, 05:39 PM
Post #12

Your bank are talking excrement, they told me the same thing and I ignored them. I have done four years of tax returns without problem.

But if your passport is your only current form of ID then I can understand that you don't want to be bringing it around everywhere.

I have a driving licence from an EU country which fits nicely in the wallet, so I use that. Works everywhere for ID. Except for at a stupid car rental company who wanted Swedish ID, but I just went to the rental company next door.
+
johnjohn
post 5.Feb.2013, 05:55 PM
Post #13

QUOTE (oddsock @ 5.Feb.2013, 04:07 PM) *
You already have a bank account? . Why do want an ID? You collect them?

Guess you answered your own question. smile.gif
+
intrepidfox
post 5.Feb.2013, 06:15 PM
Post #14

I remember years ago an American that was 35 years old that was denied buying booze from the systembolaget because he had a passport.The passport is still not recognised as a valid ID even though the whole world accept it for entering a country.
The problem with Sweden is that they want you PN number on the form of identification.
+
oddsock
post 5.Feb.2013, 07:01 PM
Post #15

Yes, there could be another American that looks just exactly the same, with the same name and birthday, who is going around buying booze at Systemet.

You can never be too careful, huh.

Soon they will plant chips in our buttocks and we won't have to worry any more about having our ID with us.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com