• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Mortgage and top loan

Some questions

Clando
post 9.Jan.2013, 05:02 PM
Post #1

Hey guys,

I have been thinking of buy an apartment in sthlm for a little while now. I'm an ex-pat and have been living in sthlm for almost 8 months now.

I have a large part of the 15% downpayment for my price range already, but I will need to take out a top to bring that up the the sufficient amount. So that means taking out a mortgage and a loan together. Have any of you been in a similar situation? How did it work out?

I know that you are entitled to a 30% return each year on mortgage interest. Would this 30% return also apply to my top loan (as I would be using it for property) or is it just for mortgages?

Are there any banks more accommodating to ex-pats who have only been here a little while? I'm at a disadvantage already only having a small credit history in Sweden.

Tack.
Go to the top of the page
+
Yorkshireman
post 9.Jan.2013, 08:25 PM
Post #2

QUOTE (Clando @ 9.Jan.2013, 05:02 PM) *
I have a large part of the 15% downpayment for my price range already, but I will need to take out a top to bring that up the the sufficient amount. So that means taking out a ... (show full quote)

If the banks are behaving themselves now, and most are, you will need the entire 15% capital to pay.
And in addition to that many banks will expect you to amortise the amount between 75-85% (ie. 10% of the total) within say 10 years. And the rest, 75% can be at interest only mortgage. That is the general informal agreement between banks, but there are a few variations.
QUOTE (Clando @ 9.Jan.2013, 05:02 PM) *
I know that you are entitled to a 30% return each year on mortgage interest. Would this 30% return also apply to my top loan (as I would be using it for property) or is it just for mortgages?

The 30% rebate on interest paid is on any loan. Not just mortgages.
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com