• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Lost car key

The only car key I had, no duplicate!

sunshyne
post 1.Jan.2013, 05:05 PM
Post #1

Hello everyone and welcome to 2013!

I lost my car key just before travelling for the holidays and just realized it now that I got back.
I just bought the car and didn't have time to duplicate the key before travelling. I have searched everywhere and can't find it.

The car is an old car, Honda civic 1994, "svensksåld". It is not equipped with any electronic alarms or security devices.
I'm thinking of calling Honda but being such an old car, I don't know if there is anything they could do to help me without costing so much money.

I would like to ask for info. on what I can do :|
Any useful information or similar experiences will be highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!
Go to the top of the page
+
entry
post 1.Jan.2013, 05:49 PM
Post #2

Attached Image
+
sunshyne
post 1.Jan.2013, 06:03 PM
Post #3

Thanks but I can't even get inside the car because I need the key to open the door.
I don't want to break the the window or force the door open in any way.
+
entry
post 1.Jan.2013, 06:27 PM
Post #4

I sure that just about every tow driver or car mechanic knows how to open the door with a slim jim.
+
edd1
post 1.Jan.2013, 07:44 PM
Post #5

I'd imagine your pretty screwed without a key...

Getting into the car is probably not going to be too hard however i'd think you will need to get new barrels for the ignition, doors, boot etc. If you buy new it will cost you a bomb! Id try getting a complete set with key from a scrap yard.

http://www.laga.se/steg2o3.aspx?gruppid=20...amp;bilkod=2726

Whatever you do though is not going to be cheap...

good luck!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN