• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

We would benefit from a basketball coach!

English-speaking preferably?

Peamarsh
post 23.Oct.2012, 12:57 PM
Post #1

New men's team needs the benefit of experience & wisdom of a proper basketball coach...perhaps an older US expat or such?

Does anyone know anybody who may be interested in coaching us?

Thanks in advance!
Go to the top of the page
+
JulieLou40
post 23.Oct.2012, 01:12 PM
Post #2

Are you in Stockholm? I know a guy from up here in Luleå who moved down to Stockholm some months ago, because he got a job as a basketball coach. Do you want me to ask if he's interested?
+
Peamarsh
post 23.Oct.2012, 01:55 PM
Post #3

Hi

Thanks for the reply!

We're an amateur team so aren't looking for a full-time paid, professional coach (who we couldn't afford). We were hoping we could find someone who would do it as a hobby or for the love of the game (one or two hours per week) and would want to take a "fledgling" team under his/her wing. Having said that we could see if we could pay a nominal amount to cover basic expenses - depends what he/she would be asking for I guess.

Short answer would be "Yes please!"
+
Peamarsh
post 23.Oct.2012, 01:58 PM
Post #4

Sorry - yes we are in Stockholm happy.gif
+
Star Spangled Stockholm
post 23.Oct.2012, 02:04 PM
Post #5

How serious of a coach are you looking for? I spent some time assisting as a high school (gymnasium) coach back in the states. Recently moved to Stockholm from Chicago. Played my whole life and would enjoy helping out.

...and just how fledgling is this team?
+
Peamarsh
post 23.Oct.2012, 02:07 PM
Post #6

@ Star Spangled

Wil PM you if that's OK?!
+
Star Spangled Stockholm
post 23.Oct.2012, 03:04 PM
Post #7

Absolutely.
+
Peamarsh
post 23.Oct.2012, 03:11 PM
Post #8

Star Spangled - you have PM
+
Originn
post 4.Nov.2012, 12:26 PM
Post #9

Hey guys,
I'd love to coach you guys for a few hours a week. I'm not professional, but I'm a good teacher and basketball is my passion. Let me know if you still need help, feel free to call or text me 0768536092- the name is Elliot.
+
Peamarsh
post 7.Feb.2014, 12:34 PM
Post #10

Hi all

Bumping this up. It's been a while now since I first posted on this topic but we are still in need of an experienced coach to help us progress - now more than ever, We have plenty of players with experience but a true non-playing coach has more credibility than a player/coach.

Please let me know if there is anyone who needs a "Basketball Godfather" role in their life . biggrin.gif

Cheers,
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com