• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

My Kusin, Gavlebocken.

Will he make it through???

Gamla Hälsingebock
post 10.Dec.2013, 10:01 PM
Post #1

Very quiet...not a word about the largest straw goat in the world.

Anybody taking bets???
Go to the top of the page
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 10.Dec.2013, 10:22 PM
Post #2

Here's a link...http://www.visitgavle.se/sv/gavlebocken
+
Hisingen
post 10.Dec.2013, 11:17 PM
Post #3

The gauntlet has already been cast down.
It is said this year that 'IT WON'T BURN DOWN'. But it has been said many times before.
Time will tell. The arsonists are planing their next move as I write.
Odds - well, at least 50:50.
10:1 it will or 10:1 it won't.
+
Seamus Sean
post 11.Dec.2013, 07:37 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (Hisingen @ 10.Dec.2013, 11:17 PM) *
The gauntlet has already been cast down. It is said this year that 'IT WON'T BURN DOWN'. But it has been said many times before.Time will tell. The arsonists are ... (show full quote)

I will have a slice of that, 500 on each outcome costs 1000 to wager but returns 5000 regardless of the goat burning or not...or have I got it wrong and need more coffee?
+
Hisingen
post 11.Dec.2013, 02:45 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Seamus Sean @ 11.Dec.2013, 07:37 AM) *
I will have a slice of that, 500 on each outcome costs 1000 to wager but returns 5000 regardless of the goat burning or not...or have I got it wrong and need more coffee?

Sorry old fellow, I am not running the book.
Better try Ron Faster, the Swedish bookie. laugh.gif
+
Seamus Sean
post 11.Dec.2013, 05:19 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Hisingen @ 11.Dec.2013, 02:45 PM) *
Sorry old fellow, I am not running the book.. Better try Ron Faster, the Swedish bookie. laugh.gif

Good un Hisingen, or the Irish civil rights bookie...Paddy Power??? biggrin.gif

Was it last year or the year before that the dopes that burnt the goat got tattooed "celebrating" their act and then posted the photos on Myface or Spacebook or one of those kind of places?

I can not recall if the police managed to hunt them down or not but it sure makes it easier for them to do their job with lads like that on the loose.
+
Seamus Sean
post 11.Dec.2013, 05:19 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Hisingen @ 11.Dec.2013, 02:45 PM) *
Sorry old fellow, I am not running the book.. Better try Ron Faster, the Swedish bookie. laugh.gif

Good un Hisingen, or the Irish civil rights bookie...Paddy Power??? biggrin.gif

Was it last year or the year before that the dopes that burnt the goat got tattooed "celebrating" their act and then posted the photos on Myface or Spacebook or one of those kind of places?

I can not recall if the police managed to hunt them down or not but it sure makes it easier for them to do their job with lads like that on the loose.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 22.Dec.2013, 03:29 PM
Post #8

I am desolate, the forces of evil doers that don't believe that the slogan "Ya gotta believe" is relevant in today's world...cruelly incinerated my Kusin Gavlebocken!

He was very young and now he is gone...not given the opportunity to grow to his full maturity and goathood..

Revenge, I say!!!...May the life forces of the mystical creatures that abide in Norrland's deep and dark forests arise and take a terrible vengeance on those that dare to defile our glorious heritage!!!

Smite them, hip and thigh, yea and verily!!!

Farewell Gavlebocken...your family will never forget you!!!

GH

http://globalnews.ca/news/1044764/vandals-...-the-27th-time/
+
Hisingen
post 22.Dec.2013, 04:04 PM
Post #9

Ay, tis sad indeed.
But the Gävle Bock is not the only item to succumb to the creatures of darkness. Unfortunately there are many out there who only survive when making life miserable for their fellow man.
The nicking of collection boxes and emptying of church boxes is so typical of this type of animal - a type that can only be described as the scum of the earth.
May they rot in hell - - -

angry.gif angry.gif angry.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com