• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Can US College Credits Transfer?

Applied for Stockholm University

HanneloreRose
post 28.Jan.2014, 06:56 AM
Post #1

Hello. smile.gif

I will be moving to Stockholm in March to be with my fiance. I live in Chicago, and I applied as an international student. I have already completed about three years of college. I just sent in my high school and university transcripts in today. Will I be considered a transfer student? Or will I essentially need to start over? How do credit transfers work? I emailed admissions, but all they said was to send in my transcripts. I do not know whether the courses I have taken here will be applied to a degree that I would receive from Stockholm University. Having a residence permit, am considered an international student?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+
ed.l.harris
post 28.Jan.2014, 08:40 AM
Post #2

If you have already sent them in that is about all you can do. The university system will evaluate them and give you credit based off of their evaluation system. I think you might be ok, I had no problem using my undergrad degree to get accepted to a masters program here. I think the problem you might encounter is that there are almost no undergrad degrees here in English. That may or may not be a problem, but take it one day at a time and see...good luck!
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com