• Sweden's news in English

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Private healthcare without a PN..?

is trhere a louphole in the law regarding private

köttbulle med sås
post 6.Aug.2014, 02:15 PM
Post #1

Hej,

we are an EU/nonEU couple and want to life in Sweden. Thing is that Migrationsverket demands from us (untill I find a job) a PRIVATE healthcare insurance which is ON PAR with the Swedish state insurance!. The Problem with this is that most companies do NOT want to insure us because we do NOT have a Personnummer..!!

How is this??? That sounds stupid to me. We allready have an address in Sweden were we rent a small house.

Right now I could apply on sufficient funds for our longterm residence. My wife is non.-EU. Our Son and I are EU country members.(Belgium) my wife is from Honduras.
Right now we still live in Spain, but situation here is realy rampant...NO jobs...and whats more very bad prospects for the shortterm future!

Tack!
köttbulle med sås aka Johan
Go to the top of the page
+
Case officer
post 6.Aug.2014, 03:31 PM
Post #2

Can you confirm that Spanish insurance companies ask you to provide a Swedish personal number to buy a comprehensive medical insurance?
+
Localer
post 6.Aug.2014, 05:33 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (köttbulle med sås @ 6.Aug.2014, 03:15 PM) *
Hej,we are an EU/nonEU couple and want to life in Sweden. Thing is that Migrationsverket demands from us (untill I find a job) a PRIVATE healthcare insurance which is ON PAR w ... (show full quote)

I will think twice before moving to Sweden, here is nothing greater then Spain either.
+
Belize
post 7.Aug.2014, 06:35 AM
Post #4

Localer, this doesn't answer the question just shows what you would do. They seem to have decided what they want to do and either answer the question and be helpful or stay silent.
+
köttbulle med sås
post 7.Aug.2014, 09:50 AM
Post #5

I will think twice before moving to Sweden, here is nothing greater then Spain either.

@Localer: Obviously you didn´t pay a visit to Spain the last 5-6 years...LOL.

Thanks for your very helpfull posting.

+
köttbulle med sås
post 7.Aug.2014, 09:55 AM
Post #6

Can you confirm that Spanish insurance companies ask you to provide a Swedish personal number to buy a comprehensive medical insurance?

No why would they?? Spain is Spain, and Sweden is Sweden. Here they ask for your NIE number, which fyi is a lot easier to obtain then a swedish Personnumber!! I got that within a week...just filling out some paperwork at the migrationsoffice and paying 8 euros.

Thanks for your very helpfull posting.
+
LLHope
post 7.Aug.2014, 11:29 AM
Post #7

QUOTE (köttbulle med sås @ 7.Aug.2014, 08:55 AM) *
No why would they??

Because it is expected that you buy the medical insurance before you come to Sweden, e.g, From a Spanish insurance company, for which you do not need a Swedish personal number.
+
köttbulle med sås
post 7.Aug.2014, 12:33 PM
Post #8

A realitycheck learns us...that Migrationsverket usualy disaproofs of a spanish healthcare insurance!! Only insurances are acepted from other Nordic countries and Germany/Netherlands and maybe the UK. Even most insurancies from the US they do NOT accept.

Spanish...NO way they are going to accept that.

Johan
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options