• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Non-Alcoholic wine alternatives.

Shloer or similar

Snood
post 30.Dec.2012, 12:11 PM
Post #1

Hi Guys,

Firstly I hope you all had a great Christmas.

We're hosting a dinner and party for new year tomorrow, we have a friend coming who can't drink alcohol (not even 0.5% "alcohol free") In the UK this would be easy; there is Shloer which makes a great alternative to wine, great for kids and those who can't drink, it's basically a sparkling grape juice drink (other flavours are available these days too). I've tried looking around our local ICA and Hemköp and haven't been able to find anything of a suitable style and quality to offer my friend.

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions?
Go to the top of the page
+
byke
post 30.Dec.2012, 12:18 PM
Post #2

Pommac
+
Puffin
post 30.Dec.2012, 12:55 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Snood @ 30.Dec.2012, 12:11 PM) *
I've tried looking around our local ICA and Hemköp and haven't been able to find anything of a suitable style and quality to offer my friend.

I am really surprised as I was in Hemköp yesterday and the soft drinks section was bursting at the seams with alcohol free alternatives such as
- Chapel Hill sparkling wine - 0,5% in white of rosé or you can get the same at Systembolaget
http://www.systembolaget.se/Sok-dryck/Dryck/?varuNr=1926
Attached Image
- alcohol free ciders in bottles - I bough Herrljunga alcohol free pear cider
- I also bough Hemköps orange and clove cider
- Also Systembolaget do alcoholfree fruit "Champagne" - a sparkling wine in Strawberry or Peach flavour
http://www.systembolaget.se/Sok-dryck/Dryc...produkttyp%252c
Attached Image
+
teslar
post 30.Dec.2012, 03:23 PM
Post #4

More generally, Systemet is actually your friend in this case - even if it may sound like a paradox. They have a pretty decent alcohol-free selection (also completeley alcohol free). Just click yourself through the selection:
https://www.systembolaget.se/Sok-dryck/?sea...rs=varugrupp%2c

[edit]Although it may be hard to find an open systemet before your party... wink.gif[/edit]
+
Snood
post 2.Jan.2013, 10:36 AM
Post #5

Thanks for the recommendations, Puffin: Even 0.5% is too much alcohol.

I went to an ICA maxi rather than a smaller ICA and found a range of choices, some of which you guys mentioned smile.gif I ended up buying a few different options.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com