• Sweden's news in English

app_header_v3
The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
28 Pages V  « < 26 27 28   Reply to this topic

God this place is boring!

My thoughts.

Gamla Hälsingebock
post 20.Jul.2016, 05:22 PM
Post #406

Why do people feel that they must be exited by their surroundings to be happy???

Is it only the "thrill seekers" who find Sweden boring???

Isn't it odd that those who do not seek excitement don't complain about boredom...

Does boredom exist for those who are not imaginative???

Is boredom the same feeling for everybody???

Yawn, I have to go now!!!
Go to the top of the page
+
Lamy
post 20.Jul.2016, 05:45 PM
Post #407

I don't think it's about seeking 'thrill' to want more than watching telly, going to coop and picking berries. I can entertain myself by myself, but at some point I wish my surroundings would be more interesting!
I can't rely only on singing the same songs every year at Midsommar.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 20.Jul.2016, 06:13 PM
Post #408

Some people become dis-interested when things repeat, others can find enjoyment by doing the same thing again...Why is this???
+
Lamy
post 20.Jul.2016, 06:16 PM
Post #409

Tell me.
Perhaps, they want to limit brain stimulation.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 20.Jul.2016, 06:20 PM
Post #410

A brain can be stimulated by things that are not pleasant and enjoyable...

There are people in other countries that are bored with their surroundings/life too...

Sweden is not unique in that respect!!!

+
Apache001
post 20.Jul.2016, 08:55 PM
Post #411

Lamy try not to make Swedish friends now that you don't have kids, you might want to wait until you start having kids.
Once you have kids, all your childless Swedish friends you've made will disappear, this is a selfish and individualistic society, and those friends will not give you any explanation for the disappearing act.
Swedes are socially afraid to explain things to you once they realize they have f...,.up, they use the exit without notice approach. And I am not talking about your casual friends, I am talking about your best friend.
Swedes have been brought up to think about themselves first, there is a total lack of empathy here, as a matter of fact to survive in Sweden, you have to be a total jerk and emotionless or maybe hide your emotions as it is seen as a sense of weakness.
Swedes are very special people, the other day I was reading about an article on cultural differences and the author made some random generalizations about gender equality and stuffs. Gender equality is all about respecting women and giving them equal opportunities for study, work, lifestyle and sexuality. I don't see how Sweden is leading the world when the men here don't physical abuse the women, but use a more mental and psychological abusive methods that are difficult to prosecute in court, but then the author ignorantly attributed abuse and less opportunity for women as a prerogative of Muslims or men from the Arab world, when In reality as a Christian I live in the midst of these men and I see how they put their wives and kids first in life. Talk about western media propaganda.
He also talked about the secular Swedish states, which to me is one of the reasons the country seem kind of heartless, that's why the government is binding swedes with laws instead. From the drivers license book for example, it's mandated by law that you stop to help victims of an accident, because the government knows its citizens very well that they will not stop to help. Whereas in other countries, this is not a matter of been compelled by law, but a call to humanity.
If you are English or American maybe swedes may cut you some slacks, as they seem to have less prejudice to those groups, even though they hate on Americans a lot out of jealousy.
+
Lamy
post 21.Jul.2016, 12:03 PM
Post #412

Apache001, don't worry I might never have a real friendship with someone Swedish anyway (apart form my sambo!).
So far I have made only one true friend and a few connections who are all non-Swedish. Most of them have kids but they all have more than nappies for interests. To be honest I might not even be interested in childless Swedish people. I find older Swedish people more interesting than the young ones. Maybe my generation is busy catching Pokemon.
I agree that here emotions are a sign of weakness. I can totally see it in the way my sambo was raised. Now I nearly fall from my chair when someone expose emotions.

Anyway, now I am stuck here officially because it's safe and tidy. France, Belgium, England...not an option anymore.

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 20.Jul.2016, 07:13 PM) *
Some people become dis-interested when things repeat, others can find enjoyment by doing the same thing again...Why is this???

QUOTE (Apache001 @ 20.Jul.2016, 09:55 PM) *
Lamy try not to make Swedish friends now that you don't have kids, you might want to wait until you start having kids.Once you have kids, all your childless Swedish friend ... (show full quote)

+
LLHope
post 21.Jul.2016, 12:18 PM
Post #413

QUOTE (Apache001 @ 20.Jul.2016, 07:55 PM) *
Once you have kids, all your childless Swedish friends you've made will disappear
Same as almost every other country biggrin.gif
Gender equality is all about respecting women and giving them equal opportunities for study, work, lifestyle and sexuality.
Aha, good to know, gender equality is only about women! unsure.gif
I don't see how Sweden is leading the world when the men here don't physical abuse the women
Of-course they do! It isn't any different here than anywhere else blink.gif

+

28 Pages V  « < 26 27 28
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: