• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Tax rebate on remodleing home.

If you are tax liable to Sweden.

kaylo77725
post 22.Feb.2013, 12:59 PM
Post #1

I am pretty sure our situation doesn't count but it doesn't hurt to throw it out there and double check. My husband works in Denmark so he pays taxes to Denmark. I am a student and am not paying taxes at the moment to Sweden. Anyway, since we own a home and pay taxes on the home does that count as being tax liable to Sweden? Like I said I doubt it but I thought I would ask anyway. You get up to 50k swedish reimbursed a year if you are tax reliable to Sweden is what the contractors for our remodling contracts have told us. Anytime we explain our situation they don't really know. So my question is do you know the answer? Who can we contact to find the answer? I have two classes left so I will be going into the job market soon. We are just trying to see if we should wait on remodeling our kitchen till I am working or go ahead and do it sooner than later.Thanks for your time.

Kaylo
Go to the top of the page
+
Johno
post 22.Feb.2013, 01:15 PM
Post #2

Posting when you know the answer ! Translate http://www.skatteverket.se/privat/skatter/...dd80004014.html
+
PDX
post 22.Feb.2013, 01:15 PM
Post #3

If you have no taxable income in Sweden, then how exactly were you thinking of getting a deduction in Sweden? unsure.gif

The property tax you are paying in Sweden is not an income tax...

~~~PDX~~~
+
Yorkshireman
post 22.Feb.2013, 01:45 PM
Post #4

It depends also on who owns the house! If it is part in Your name, and not totally in your partners, then if you are receiving a tax declaration each year from Sweden, you can always put the rennovations cost into that and get the rebate.

The other option is to make sure you keep the invoice/receipts ... make sure they have the VAT/Regnr ...and when you come to sell the property, in the tax declaration resulting from the sale, you can deduct the total amount of the rennovations when calculating any profit/loss on the property. It must be rennovations that technically add value to the property. You cannot do this though if you claimed earlier as RUT/ROT avdrag in the tax declaration.
+
kaylo77725
post 22.Feb.2013, 02:17 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (PDX @ 22.Feb.2013, 12:15 PM) *
If you have no taxable income in Sweden, then how exactly were you thinking of getting a deduction in Sweden? unsure.gif . The property tax you are paying in Sweden is not an income tax.... ~~~PDX~~~

That is what I am asking is it income tax or does paying taxes on a house count too as tax liability to Sweden. Right now we pay income tax to Denmark but when I am working of course I will be paying taxes to Sweden. I know it sounds like a dumb question but we were just wondering if having a house and paying taxes on it is considered being tax liable to Sweden.
+
kaylo77725
post 22.Feb.2013, 02:20 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (Yorkshireman @ 22.Feb.2013, 12:45 PM) *
It depends also on who owns the house! If it is part in Your name, and not totally in your partners, then if you are receiving a tax declaration each year from Sweden, you ... (show full quote)

We both own the part we paid out of pocket. My husband has the loan for the rest in his name for two years then the loan will be put in my name also.
+
kaylo77725
post 22.Feb.2013, 02:22 PM
Post #7

Thanks for the link! :~)
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com