• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Money disappeared from COMVIQ prepaid sim card

How to trace the money?

ibeff
post 4.Dec.2012, 12:21 PM
Post #1

Hi,
the situation is the following. I use the COMVIQ prepaid card from September and normally 100 Kr. credit lasts for a month with the calls I make. This time, surprisingly, I charged this card 24 Nov. and 30 Nov. the credit equaled 1.23 Kr., although I did not make any extraordinary calls. I asked COMVIQ for clarification where the money were gone. They replied that they do not provide information about how much money were withdrawn for my conversations, nor the price they charge for each conversation. Besides, they have no offce where I could go and check. I think, this is absolutely illegal. If you sell something for a customer, you have to disclose the price for which you sell it, righ? I would like to know if I can complain somewhere, or clarify situation somehow. Not even because I feel sorry for 100 Kr, which were obviously stolen from my telephone, but because I suspect that they COMVIQ is not right. Could you please give me some advice? Have any of you been in such a situation?
P.S. They just wrote that they refer to a certain law about "Elektronisk Kommunication", which does not allow them to disclose this information. Nice law, I must assume, if you can easily withdraw any sum of money from your customers...
Go to the top of the page
+
wondering
post 4.Dec.2012, 12:52 PM
Post #2

Were you surfing ? Sometimes data charges can be quite a lot.
+
Kibiri
post 4.Dec.2012, 12:58 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (ibeff @ 4.Dec.2012, 01:21 PM) *
If you sell something for a customer, you have to disclose the price for which you sell it, righ?

Price information is available on their website.
QUOTE (ibeff)
P.S. They just wrote that they refer to a certain law about "Elektronisk Kommunication", which does not allow them to disclose this information. Nice law, I must assume, if you can easily withdraw any sum of money from your customers...

You asked by email. They shouldn't give this information by email because it is not certain that you are asking for your own information, it could be me trying retrieve all your call details.
+
Kibiri
post 4.Dec.2012, 01:09 PM
Post #4

TL doesn't let me edit my post.
Do you know which tariff you are using at the moment (and recent weeks)? When you type *111# what does it say after saldo? It is possible you chose bas prisplan without realizing.
+
Yorkshireman
post 4.Dec.2012, 01:23 PM
Post #5

Do You have a Smartphone? If so, then it is probably not calls that is sucking your cash but the data connection to the 3g network. Many apps check for updates, or just get weather info etc... and you can't always remove them. Change the phone settings to ask when it wants to connect to the internet AND switch 3g network to Manual connection, so that You decide when it can connect to the net. Calls will work fine, but you get a degree of control on the apps.
+
ibeff
post 4.Dec.2012, 01:23 PM
Post #6

Thanks! Well, it says 'Standard'. You mentioned that they do not provide any info by e-mail. Well, they did not mention that they provide any info by mail either, nor do they have an office. So, what to do?
+
Johno
post 4.Dec.2012, 01:43 PM
Post #7

Have you logged into your account on www.comviq.se ? Or registered on there ? You might get a reply with more detail if you sent your request for info from there. But your price plan lets you surf for 99 kr per day and thats 10 days use. Have you changed your phone or installed something like a weather app? I only say because I have just been getting used to a new Samsung android phone and fine tuning out the always on / regular connecting to the internet apps takes a lot of fiddling about.

My advice is to get on line and check your balance on a daily basis, because I assume you are not surfing daily, when otherwise you could have www.comviq.se as home screen when you would see your balance on that screen. And look for apps on your phone logging in at intervals. Email, weather or similar.
+
PDX
post 4.Dec.2012, 05:10 PM
Post #8

Here is what happened:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pocket_dialing

~~~PDX~~~
+
CathySky
post 4.Dec.2012, 08:52 PM
Post #9

This has happened to me before and I called comviq kundtjänst and they were more than happy to help me out.

You are either 1, using a different call plan, 2, calling people using different network (as pointed out to me that calling someone on halebob is pretty expensive) or 3, you didnt shut down for ex, facebook properly on your phone.

Try calling them again and speak to someone else.
+
aita-mini
post 6.Jan.2013, 10:38 PM
Post #10

Hi!

I should say the same thing happened for me. Around an hour ago I bought Comviq FASTPRIS (245 kr). In an hour the saldo is 12.79!!!! ohmy.gif
The 3G was active and ofcours I am using Smartphone, but no surfing in Internet or communication channels like Fb.

During last month it happened the same, but this time I can say I am really shocked.

Comviq is keeping advertising on SVT, perhaps the money for advertising should come from somewhere !!

I think I will report this to SVT or metro if I do not find any solution with them!
+
Johno
post 7.Jan.2013, 10:35 AM
Post #11

I can only say as before you must have something running that connects to the internet which happens by default. Even video or music downloads to have that rate of useage. I have Samsung and Nokia smart phones and on both have had to go to some trouble to get task manager apps to kill weather and social activities that connect even every few minutes. "Buy a smartphone and get regular updates" say the ads, and when your battery runs down fast and your surfing costs rocket you find out the down side. It takes some digging to counter this, also you may need to kill some apps every time you restart your phone. Dont blame Comviq.
+
mångk
post 7.Jan.2013, 11:27 AM
Post #12

Both instances mentioned in this thread could also be attributed to incorrect recharging. Typing the recharge code incorrectly and so on.

When recharging it is always a good idea to check that the recharge was successful! If after an hour the balance has not updated then try recharging again if that does not work then it could be an instance where someone has already used that recharge code.
+
Johno
post 7.Jan.2013, 11:36 AM
Post #13

Good point. I have 2 Comviq PAYGs and have noted that balance changes from activity are often not posted immediately. Were you certain that you topped up correctly ? How did you do it, over the phone by credit card, with a shop voucher or via a bank account ? In all cases did you get a text message to say the balance update had gone through ? The actual balance you quote sounds like the rock bottom balance you would have before balance update. Right on the minimum to keep the phone working. Or did you use the phone to buy a bus ticket or is there another explanation ?
+
Kn33grow
post 7.Jan.2013, 11:17 PM
Post #14

QUOTE (aita-mini @ 6.Jan.2013, 09:38 PM) *
Hi!. I should say the same thing happened for me. Around an hour ago I bought Comviq FASTPRIS (245 kr). In an hour the saldo is 12.79!!!! ohmy.gif

fast pris doesnt show you any credit balance since in essence calls and sms within Sweden are free.

You will only see a balance one you top up for lets say 100 kr amigos (although you will still keep the fastpris tariff)
+
Johno
post 8.Jan.2013, 10:22 AM
Post #15

Apologies to Aita-mini because I had failed to grasp it was Comviq Fastpris (which I have not wanted, and hence failed to appreciate the finer details). Its a monthly subscription tarrif and there is no balance because you have purchase a months free phone, surf, SMS and MMS within Sweden. So you wont see a raised balance for paying 245kr, you just get free phone use for a month. Except you should still have had a SMS to say you were on this tarrif - and it does after all say that "Endast service online för abonnemangskunder.", so no paper account, and the way to check your account status then is to go online on www.comviq.se. But you still can have a residual balance that you might need to top up for calls overseas. Hence the 12.79. Thats as it is.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com