• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Ceilidh Dancing and Music... Help

Bishop Conkers
post 22.May.2008, 11:31 AM
Post #1

Anybody know of a Ceilidh band or instructor/leader who might be available for a party on the west coast of sweden in august?

I have done the usual google searches and found a couple of Ceilidh bands, but they want 14 000-15 000kr for the gig... sounds really expensive.

So if you know Ceilidh dancing and have a CD or know of a band/someone who can... please drop me a line.

Thanks,

Bish <--- stripping the willow

info AT racing-green DOT com
Go to the top of the page
+
Princess P
post 22.May.2008, 11:40 AM
Post #2

We have a few cds and instruction books if you are stuck. Unfortunately all the bands and callers we know are in England.

Give us a shout if you need them. You have my email address.
+
Markbase with an Invisibl...
post 22.May.2008, 11:50 AM
Post #3

Well, my band (CSI: Helsingborg) plays mainly bluesy stuff, but we could wear skirts, use the odd fiddle and flute, and play for 4000 (plus travel costs) if you like. :wink:

Mark Base
Helsingblog
For observations and opinions about life in Helsingborg
+
Miss Kitten
post 22.May.2008, 01:46 PM
Post #4

I'd give anything to see Mark and the rest of the band in skirts/kilts. biggrin.gif
+
lochlomond
post 29.Jan.2013, 03:19 PM
Post #5

Hi - just found this thread via a google search. Wondering if the original poster (Bishop Conkers..) ever found a ceilidh band, or if they could pass on the names of the ones they found who were charging 14,000- 15000K per gig. I am looking for a ceilidh band for a wedding in Gothenburg in August (2013) and so far I am drawing a complete blank, so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com