• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

What happened to the US embassy?

Obama nation...

lensart
post 28.Feb.2013, 02:39 PM
Post #1

Apparently the budget cuts for foreign policy have been so great, that the US embassy in Stockholm doesn't even run full time. They are taking a page from Swedish customer service and only supporting phone hours, three days a week, for one hour each day.

I just tried to call. After being on hold for a full 15 minutes, I gave up. Has anyone else noticed a lack of support in US citizen services
Go to the top of the page
+
post 28.Feb.2013, 02:53 PM
Post #2

the embassy has had limited call in for citizens since i got here in 1993. access to the embassy started getting more significantly limited during the bush administrations, largely due to security measures after 9/11.
+
Monark540
post 28.Feb.2013, 03:30 PM
Post #3

Send an e-mail or a fax, if you still have a fax machine, and avoid the wait time. On the plus side, the appointment schedulng system works well if you have some flexibility as to dates and minimizes the wait outside.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com