• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Any Australians out there?

Jumping Ant question i'm afraid...

Mesost
post 20.Feb.2013, 10:51 AM
Post #1

hi, 2 or 3 weeks ago my girlfriend was bitten (under her foot) by a jumping ant in NSW. she was in pain for about an hour but we bathed it and creamed it and it was ok. in the last 3 days though, its formed a wee bump and is itching her like crazy. is this normal? did the ant "leave" something inside? what should she do? worry or not? thanks guys.
Go to the top of the page
+
PDX
post 20.Feb.2013, 10:57 AM
Post #2

I'm afraid it has been long enough now that the eggs that have been laid inside your girlfriends body are starting to hatch. The safest option would be to cut off the foot right away, if you delay this you are risking amputation of the entire leg.

~~~PDX~~~
+
Timepiece
post 20.Feb.2013, 12:56 PM
Post #3

Aussie here.

I doubt it has "left" something in, but perhaps a portion of the mouth or whatever stings you stayed in. I'm not a doctor.

I have only ever heard of jumper ants causing people real problems if they are allergic. If your girlfriend was allergic I would have guessed that she would have had a reaction by now.

I suggest seeing a doctor if it is causing her to be uncomfortable.
+
Mesost
post 20.Feb.2013, 04:26 PM
Post #4

many thanks. i also think if there was anything serious, it woulda happened by now. jumping ant kills more in tasmania than snakes, sharks or spiders!!!! sad.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com