• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Swedish citizenship application

How to withdraw it?

queenS
post 8.Jan.2013, 04:47 PM
Post #1

Would anyone know by any chance if it is possible to withdraw the application for citizenship and what would be consequences of that?
Go to the top of the page
+
Visit
post 8.Jan.2013, 05:07 PM
Post #2

You will forgo the 1500 SEK application fee or whatever they charge now, I reckon

You also may have to write a letter before they process the approval and give your reasons why you are withdrawing. What is the reason btw?:-)

Migrationsverket may also put a mark next to your nam(red flag)e for withdrawing and later who knows whether they will be inclined to approve your application should you decide to reapply.

Now all this is conjecture, since no one really gets a direct answer from Swedish authorities and Swedes dry.gif
Perhaps others can give you their input.
+
queenS
post 8.Jan.2013, 06:00 PM
Post #3

I applied based on sambo relationship that has ended in the meantime. It just feels wrong getting citizenship based on that. I wouldn't go that far explaining it in details to MV as to why if I don't have to.
+
Case officer
post 8.Jan.2013, 06:09 PM
Post #4

QUOTE (queenS @ 8.Jan.2013, 04:47 PM) *
Would anyone know by any chance if it is possible to withdraw the application for citizenship and what would be consequences of that?

Just write a letter to the Migration Board and explain that you want to cancel your application (and that you would like to have the application fee refunded). Nobody at the Migration Board will give a hoot about your reasons, nor will there be any red flags.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com