• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

CCNA echnician searching for work in Umeå

job seeker searching for advice or contacts.

LM1975
post 18.Jul.2014, 12:48 PM
Post #1

Hi,

I am currently living in the UK (UK native of mixed English/Scottish heritage) and have been unemployed for a little over 2 years now. I have visited a great many friends that live in Umeå over the years (in both the summer and winter time so there are no shocks for me) and decided I wanted to emigrate to Umeå since being laid off just before christmas in 2011.

I have been working in IT support at varying levels since 2002 and spent the last of my savings on studying for and passing the CCNA routing & switching exam as well as two Svenska som främmande språk online courses with Folksuniversitetet ISU Lund (at £600 a pop).. I have also been trying to find work at the same time but so far have had little luck and would like to know if anyone knows of any organisations that can actually help me find either full time work or some kind of voluntary position to enable me to build up some work experience within the Swedish job market as a network admin.

The job centre here in the UK for my city are completely useless and refuse to offer any kind of advice or assistance in this, even though the IT job market in this city is virtually non-existent for non programming jobs and those that do come up apart from being rarer than hens teeth also require a higher level of experience/qualifications, that I cannot get under the current circumstances.

I have signed up for around 50 websites and agencies but desperately need to find something soon. Can anyone recommend any contacts within companies or organisations that could offer advice or assistance in finding work?

Any help would be most gratefully accepted.

Med vänliga hälsningar
Go to the top of the page
+
LM1975
post 18.Jul.2014, 02:38 PM
Post #2

I would also just like to add that I have been submitting spontaneous job applications to companies in the Umeå as well, but as yet have had no positive reply.

I am uncertain of exactly what aid arbetsförmedlingen can provide me without actually being back in Umeå, which is difficult without having somewhere to stay and no means of paying for it, coupled with a seeming reluctance from the job centre here to liaise or assist in any way shape or form.

Most of what I have been able to research seems to be either purely for refugees or for EU citizens under 25.

Praying for some good fortune.

Ta very much if you can help.
Go to the top of the page
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se