• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >   Reply to this topic

The Centre Party and Chinese male virility

There is a link, bear with me...

BennyOBenny
post 4.Feb.2013, 07:40 PM
Post #1

The Centre Party and their unwavering support of wolf hunting makes me think they are no better then the tiger poachers in Asia. The spurious arguments that these hunters give for wanting to hunt (they won't admit to blood-lust) are also as ridiculous as Chinese men ingesting rhino horn to give them long lasting erections.

There aren't many wolves left. Let them be.
Go to the top of the page
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 4.Feb.2013, 07:47 PM
Post #2

Amen!
+
Elf_Moon
post 4.Feb.2013, 10:58 PM
Post #3

Is this the party that suggests bigamy to be an acceptable practice? Wow... I just find more and more reasons to not like these 'centre party' people :/

I think they need to lay of the 'magic' cakes they have clearly been eating.

'Yes, yes... I want many wives! Yes... I don't like the thought of a wolf eating one of those wives...Right... One, we want more wives... Two lets get rid of the wolves.'
+
jostein
post 5.Feb.2013, 12:03 AM
Post #4

QUOTE (BennyOBenny @ 4.Feb.2013, 06:40 PM) *
The Centre Party and their unwavering support of wolf hunting makes me think they are no better then the tiger poachers in Asia. The spurious arguments that these hunters give ... (show full quote)

Do you live in wolf country?
+
jostein
post 5.Feb.2013, 12:07 AM
Post #5

QUOTE (Elf_Moon @ 4.Feb.2013, 09:58 PM) *
Is this the party that suggests bigamy to be an acceptable practice? Wow... I just find more and more reasons to not like these 'centre party' people :/I think they ne ... (show full quote)

The centre party tries to take a classical liberal stance but fails because they are to poorly educated and too poorly read.

The proposal was not bigamy. It was that the state should get the but out of marriage. Which is a very good point. Let adult citizens make what treaties they wish with one another. It is a sound suggestion. Just a pity that they dont have sense enough to stand up for property rights. Their liberalism becomes a patchwork more reminicent of leftwing anarchism. Rather than classical liberalism.
+
Yorkshireman
post 5.Feb.2013, 12:58 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (jostein @ 5.Feb.2013, 12:07 AM) *
It was that the state should get the but out of marriage. Which is a very good point. Let adult citizens make what treaties they wish with one another. It is a sound suggestio ... (show full quote)

But just think how that would be abused in the case of immigration, there are already enough marriages of convenience in order to get permits. Just imagine if the EU changed the opinion about number of partners that can count as relatives! I tend to think that would be a bonanza for trafficking etc... sad.gif
+
oddsock
post 5.Feb.2013, 01:06 AM
Post #7

a patchwork more reminicent of leftwing anarchism

I have visions of angry people making quilts.

Changing the world, one stitch at a time, all while swearing heavily under their breath.
+
jostein
post 5.Feb.2013, 07:26 AM
Post #8

QUOTE (Yorkshireman @ 4.Feb.2013, 11:58 PM) *
But just think how that would be abused in the case of immigration, there are already enough marriages of convenience in order to get permits. Just imagine if the EU changed t ... (show full quote)

Indeed. And this is the big black intellectual hole of swedish "liberals". They are irresponsible and dishonest. Or probably irresponsible and dishonest and malicious and ignorant. A policy cannot be called liberal if it is in breach of a core liberal principle. For example, "free immigration" is in breech of "sanctity of property" as long as the state has any property at all (that is collectively owned by the citizens).

To solve the problem you note, you change the rules for immigration. An individual applying for residency in sweden do so on his or her own merit. Ie, you abolish the road to citizenship/residency by marriage. I believe this is morally correct. Because, why should one citizen be allowed to give out a club membership for that citizens own egoistical reasons? Unless it is to the benefit of all clubmembers?

Anyway, thats one way to solve the problem, to put forward the two changes together. Surely we are intelligent enough to hold two thoughts simultaneously? Ah, yes, we are speaking of politicians and journalists so no such luck.
+
Elf_Moon
post 5.Feb.2013, 11:31 AM
Post #9

I think there would be a large number of people opposed to the idea of 'open marriages', for various personal reasons. Not only would it open a legal can of worms but it would be chaos on a personal level, for a lot of people.

I personally, would not be happy to enter a contract of such, if marriage became such a free for all on day one of the marital contract- hence the legal can of worms and later problems that would naturally arise. (And also, with societal bias, I am sure that men would be given a pat on the back for having multiple wives, while a woman with multiple husbands would have to keep to the shadows in fear.)

Though valid points have been made, and I am sure the idea of multiple partners would excite many. I would question the true motives behind such a proposition, perhaps these centre people should keep their minds away from what is going on in the lower portions of their anatomy (or not for that matter) and start worrying about important matters... Perhaps property rights, yes.
+
oddsock
post 5.Feb.2013, 12:12 PM
Post #10

To solve the problem you note, you change the rules for immigration. An individual applying for residency in sweden do so on his or her own merit. Ie, you abolish the road to citizenship/residency by marriage. I believe this is morally correct. Because, why should one citizen be allowed to give out a club membership for that citizens own egoistical reasons? Unless it is to the benefit of all clubmembers?

What, so Swedish citizens married to people outside the EU can no longer live together in Sweden? So, you marry a Japanese person. Then the Japanese person can't get Swedish residency. Let's say Japan have a similar rule, and you fail to get Japanese residency. You can't lived together in the same country with your loved one. Because to do so would be "egotistical" to other "club members"?? Club members? You view Sweden as a club? Citizenship is a personal issue.

I generally don't like to judge what is moral and what is not moral, but denying people in love the right to live together somewhere near each other seems really nasty.
+
entry
post 5.Feb.2013, 12:44 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (BennyOBenny @ 4.Feb.2013, 07:40 PM) *
The Centre Party and their unwavering support of wolf hunting makes me think they are no better then the tiger poachers in Asia. The spurious arguments that these hunters give ... (show full quote)

It seems to me that the same people that are against the wolf cull in Sweden are the same morons that are against the rabid badger cull in England.

The reason for the wolf cull in Sweden is to limit the propagation of close blood lines. Too many brother sister relations are forming and the offspring are exhibiting the worst traits of the bloodline. The horny wolves that have bred with sister and mother are being hunted down and replaced with wolves from eastern/central Europe so that the bloodlines can be expanded. This effort is not driven by hunters but is driven by droll scientists working to ensure a healthy wolf population and a balance in the ecosystem in Sweden.

The idiots in England against the badger cull should be put in a pit with surplus badgers.

The badger population in England has increased with the detrimental rabies infection. The rabid badgers bite the legs of sheep and cows and detrimentally effect our food chain.

If you want to be a moron like Brian May of pop rock fame and get down on your hands and knees and go nose to nose with a rabid badger I will be off on the sidelines taking pictures.

Animals kill other animals.

The lamb and the lion do lie down together but it is only because the LION has already eaten and it is too tired to chase, kill and eat the lamb.

Learn the cycle of life. Kill the rabid badgers, cull the Prince Charles Wolves(Look at him Prince Charles must be a product of incest...) in Sweden!

Attached Image
+
BennyOBenny
post 5.Feb.2013, 01:10 PM
Post #12

If anything just reinforced the headline of this topic, ie. Centre party beliefs on wolf hunting and Chinese male virility then it was 'entry's' above post.

I have no problem with hunting or eating meat when the numbers of such animals are HIGH. Wolf numbers are low (under 300) so actually your argument goes against itself.
+
entry
post 5.Feb.2013, 01:13 PM
Post #13

Regardless if you believe the wolf numbers are low. The cull and the insertion of non-native Eastern/central European wolves is to stop the inbreeding that is producing genetically defective wolves in Sweden. Do you not understand that brother and sister should not produce children? ...and the reasons?
+
BennyOBenny
post 5.Feb.2013, 01:19 PM
Post #14

I'v looked online for biological reasons to your argument before. I'v heard this argument before and it's always from the same people. People who enjoy the wolf hunt. Please provide me a link with your argument and maybe Ill understand where you are coming from. I still won't agree with you as I'm tired of violent human intervention (I'm more a live and let live person).

For centuries there has been a man against wolf attitude in Sweden.

From wikipedia...The Swedish kings Magnus Eriksson and Christopher of Bavaria decreed wolf hunting a civic duty, with only priests, parish clerks and landless women exempted. Under penalty of a fine, every wolf hunter had to own a wolf net at least four fathoms long and to take part in general wolf hunts whenever called upon.

I think the same attitude exists today and if Sweden wants a 'green' reputation it needs to end it's cull of all endangered species. Including; bears, lynxes and of course the wolf.
+
byke
post 5.Feb.2013, 01:22 PM
Post #15

How does the culling exactly stop the inbreeding?
As far as I understand, such hunts dont look to go after alpha males to diversities blood lines.

More so just a free for all with a quota on how many can be shot.
Reducing the numbers in an attempt to hinder inbreeding is rather a daft policy.
+

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com