app_header_v3
  Reply to this topic

Forskarskattenamnden - Tax relief for expatriates

Basic allowance

pandabeer
post 6.Mar.2013, 10:44 PM
Post #1

Hi everyone,

concerning the special tax regime for foreign researchers I am looking for an answer to a more specific question. Unfortunately I cannot find the relevant information on the internet, so I am writing here hoping for an answer.

Under this special tax regime, a basic allowance for central government taxation is still given. The amount of this allowance does normally depend on income. Does the allowance still depend on 100% of earnings or only on 75% (since we have the 25% exemption)?

Can someone provide me with a calculation example that compares the normal case and the special case of a foreign researcher?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+
Yorkshireman
post 7.Mar.2013, 09:22 AM
Post #2

Read this:
http://skatterattsnamnden.se/forskarskatte...a800018147.html

...and note that if your ultimate intention is to try and stay in Sweden, you may be back taxed for the full duration. The relief is only available for 3 years, and you are only to stay up-to 5 years.
+
Abe L
post 7.Mar.2013, 09:57 AM
Post #3

I've never head about anyone actually successfully applying for it. In fact, they probably automatically reject every case as taxes are a holy virtue in Sweden.

Just don't get your hopes up.
+
pandabeer
post 7.Mar.2013, 10:27 AM
Post #4

I have already checked the link and googled a lot. Unfortunately I cannot find an answer to my question whether the normal basic allowance (which you would also get if you were taxed under normal rules) depends then on 100% or 75% of your income.

Any help?
+
PDX
post 7.Mar.2013, 10:37 AM
Post #5

It says it very clearly in the linked document. You first take your total taxable income, reduce it by 25% and then apply taxation as usual.

~~~PDX~~~
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members: