• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

High internet charges by Tele2

Complain about service

cbasu
post 25.Feb.2013, 05:22 PM
Post #1

I have the tele2 mobile plan called Kompis. Recently I used this plan for for internet surfing for a short time. The resulting bill is nearly 600 SEK for less than 40 MB data usage @ 15 SEK / MB !! When I looked into my contract (avtal) with tele2 I could not find any mention of cost of data usage. Also in the tele2 website they have not mentioned the cost / MB for my plan. When I contacted tele2 kundservice they informed me that the information about my plan is removed from their website. It is very unethical that they have hidden this exceptionally high internet charge from the customer. When I raised these questions to their customer service they have stopped answering me. I would like to know whether other customers have faced such type of bills from tele2. Also if I am not satisfied with tele2 whom can I approach with my complain

-Chandan
Go to the top of the page
+
Johno
post 25.Feb.2013, 05:37 PM
Post #2

Since I have been with Comviq / Tele2, Kompis has been a payg plan, so your description baffles me. Is this an old contract, monthly, or what ? If thats your charge you should change your contract, but something doesnt make sense. More detail required.
+
cbasu
post 25.Feb.2013, 05:55 PM
Post #3

Hi Johno,
Thanks for your reply. It is a postpaid monthly plan. I have taken this plan 1 and half years back. I do not use this plan for internet. But some day I had use it for a short time. My objection is in the high charge which they have not clearly mentioned anywhere.
Regards,
-Chandan
+
PDX
post 25.Feb.2013, 05:58 PM
Post #4

Yes, so you do not have the Kompis plan which has unlimited data included. Find out which plan it is and change it to appropriate one. Just go to a Tele2 store, they'll sort it out.

~~~PDX~~~
+
Johno
post 25.Feb.2013, 06:01 PM
Post #5

https://www.tele2.se/mobilabonnemang/kompis.aspx# says you have 1gb surf per month. Yes, best bet go to store with the information you have and task to a real person.
+
PDX
post 25.Feb.2013, 07:00 PM
Post #6

No, it says surfing is unlimited, but only the first 1GB at full speed, then the speed gets lowered to 32kbit/s rolleyes.gif .

~~~PDX~~~
+
Johno
post 25.Feb.2013, 08:04 PM
Post #7

...which is rather slow. But simply the charges he had didnt click with anything I could see on the web site. The most I can see charged for any tariff when surfing in Sweden is 99 öre/MB, but I am only properly familiar with all the payg tariffs. Only one thought - were you in Sweden when you surfed ? What you paid looks like it was for surfing when not even in Europe !
+
cbasu
post 25.Feb.2013, 10:16 PM
Post #8

Hi again,
Thank you for showing interest in the topic. However there is still some confusion. Let me explain why I am so upset with tele2.
1. The plan is indeed Kompis postpaid monthly plan of tele2
2. I surfed only in Sweden
3. I have seen in the tele2 site that Kompis plan has 1GB surf included
Inspite of that they charge me 15 SEk /MB and they say my Kompis plan is not same as Kompis plan on their website although the names of both the plans are exactly the same. They also say my Kompis plan was a special offer and now that information is deleted from website. When I ask them how I am liable to pay when there if there is no information about my plan charges they do not respond. That's why I want to know how I can proceed further with my complain.
Regards,
-Chandan
+
PDX
post 25.Feb.2013, 10:37 PM
Post #9

Of course you are liable to pay, as the contract details were made available to you at the time when you did sign the contract. The Kompis plan at the time may well have included a charge per MB of data. Simple ?

Now, unless you are totally retarded, you will proceed as follows:

1) Go to see Tele2 people at their shop and cancel your existing contract (assuming it is possible, i.e. you don't have to wait for it to run out)
2) Subscribe for the currently available plan of your choice

~~~PDX~~~
+
cbasu
post 27.Mar.2013, 12:25 PM
Post #10

A small update about my earlier post.
As I was not satisfied with Tele2 customer service response regarding high internet charge, I approached Telekområdgivarna with my complain. After their mediation Tele2 agreed to payback the extra amount that they charged me for internet. Other aggrieved customers can also note of it and fight for their rights. smile.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists
Click here for the full job description