• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Ericsson to help Volvo cars connect to the net

The Local
post 17.Dec.2012, 05:33 PM
Post #1

Volvo cars are about to get "smarter" thanks to a partnership with Ericsson that will let drivers and passengers access a range of web-based services directly from the dashboard.

In a partnership unveiled on Monday by two giants of Swedish industry, Volvo Car Group and Ericsson said they will be working together to turn people's cars into yet another "connected" mobile device, alongside their smartphones and tablet computers.

"Turning the car into a smart device opens up all sorts of possibilities and a range of potential services for users," Paolo Colella, Vice President and Head of Consulting & Systems Integration at Ericsson, told The Local.

Click to read the full article.
Go to the top of the page
+
Svensksmith
post 17.Dec.2012, 08:14 PM
Post #2

Sounds like a distraction to me.
+
smilingjack
post 18.Dec.2012, 08:13 AM
Post #3

I knew this one was coming. especially in australia where our police are like nazis. we have cops hiding under bushes on every corner. timing of vehicles over certain distances so they can speed average and even planes that monitor you when driving. all to collect revenue. in some states in australia its one of their biggest sources of revenue.
this will now enable live tracking - data collection of your vehicles speed. more fines.
+
Monark540
post 18.Dec.2012, 11:50 AM
Post #4

I think that this is potentially huge. As I scan the latest offerings from the auto manufacturers, I feel that one model is essentially equal to another. This link-up could set a new threshold and make some of us spring for a new car in the future!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se