• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Real Estate agents for apartment buying

Alternatives to hemnet.se

Jeremy051
post 20.Nov.2012, 05:13 PM
Post #1

Has anyone had any luck going through a real estate agent to buy an apartment in Stockholm? I've been attending many open homes over the past few months and haven't really had much luck. I usually just end up getting outbid or end up going to see some that aren't really so great for the price. I've seen enough to be realistic and know what my limited budget (1.6 million) will get me so I don't think it's a case of having my head in the clouds. Things also seemed to have slowed down a bit since I first began looking too.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
Go to the top of the page
+
Puffin
post 20.Nov.2012, 06:59 PM
Post #2

I'm not really sure what you mean by alternatives to Hemnet as hemnet is just a site where many different estate agents upload their details so that they are all in one place for potential buyers

Perhaps a good idea would be to look at Booli under "slutpriser" - these are the prices that apartments actually changed hands for rather than the "start offer" prices in the Estate agent advertisements - if you put in a max price of you budget it will help you identify areas that are affordable for you.
http://www.booli.se/
+
Jeremy051
post 20.Nov.2012, 07:45 PM
Post #3

Sorry, to clarify I just meant rather than searching myself via hemnet for apartment listings, maybe I could look at getting an agent to show me around the apartments they know of and possibly have more inside knowledge on others up for sale. Obviously for that sort of thing a fee would be expected but, maybe it could be worth it.

I'll check out what you suggested on Booli, it sounds like a good idea to get a ballpark on the areas I should concentrate on. Thanks Puffin!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com