• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

How long does it take to complete the SFI courses?

I'm going into level C, then D and then SAS?

Katyabuchanan
post 6.Jan.2013, 07:04 PM
Post #1

I've been put into level C, so I start in a couple of days. How long does it take to complete that level and level D and also the after SAS course? If I try my best and really focus. Also is it really difficult? I'm nervous about going! Thanks smile.gif
Go to the top of the page
+
Children Of Adam
post 6.Jan.2013, 07:53 PM
Post #2

It is not difficult if you are a smart kid and you are interested to learn the Swedish language.

usually for each level it take 3 months but sometimes they have exams for D level and you can ask to join the exam and see if you can pass it.
+
olga118
post 7.Jan.2013, 01:02 PM
Post #3

3ish months sounds about right but it takes less time for some and longer for others. Study outside of the classroom is essential. The school I went to (folkuniversitetet) only allowed people to take the D exam twice so you may want to check with your school before you do the D test as a "practice". I found the D level went much faster than the C level. C level is intro so it can take longer. SAS grund...don't even think about that now. Most important is to finish level C and D. Don't worry, you'll do fine. Lycka till!
+
Hisingen
post 7.Jan.2013, 01:04 PM
Post #4

How long - - - how long is a piece of string?
It all depends - - - on you.
+
nickachu
post 7.Jan.2013, 01:29 PM
Post #5

Depends on you as everyone else has said.
I did the intro course full length, 3 months or whatever it was, then C 3 months, got a job, went to a week of D then took the D test at the end of the term and passed, without going to any classes really, the C and D test were basically the same.
I had a friend who went from the intro class to the D course in a week. So if you're smart and committed to learning the language it shouldn't take long. Depends on your teachers too how keen they are to get you taking the test.

SAS I found different. Not as well taught, I only did the first level as working commitments got in the way, but it was basically just reading a book and doing some questions on the book, no real grammar training or anything. Was stuff that you could do on your own at home.
+
StephenR
post 7.Jan.2013, 04:20 PM
Post #6

QUOTE (nickachu @ 7.Jan.2013, 01:29 PM) *
SAS I found different. Not as well taught, I only did the first level as working commitments got in the way, but it was basically just reading a book and doing some questions ... (show full quote)

Well, that's partly the purpose with SAS. There's an assumption that you already have a decent grasp of grammar so the main aim is to broader your knowledge of the language through an increased vocabulary, alternative ways of saying the same thing, different types of speech etc.
+
Katyabuchanan
post 9.Jan.2013, 01:02 PM
Post #7

Okay so Ive been in the intro course for a 1 and a half days! but tomorrow my teacher said that he wants to put me to 3C.. is this good? Is it alot harder in there? - I'm nervous, I've never studied swedish before!
Thanks for your answers so far smile.gif
+
olga118
post 9.Jan.2013, 01:21 PM
Post #8

In my 3C class (and there were about 40 of us) nobody had ever studied Swedish before. If your instructor thinks you are capable then you probably are. A lot of the answers you get on this subject will depend which school you attend. For example, while some apparently didn't find SAS grund helpful, I am in SAS grund now and find it to be extremely helpful. We do tons of grammar in our class...just depends where you go.
When you are new to a language it is definitely challenging but I bet you'll do just fine.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden