• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Stockholm crime rates published anywhere?

Preferably online

Mart123
post 2.Jan.2013, 01:59 PM
Post #1

Does anybody know where I can find actual crime rates published online? We're looking at buying a house, so I'm just interested in comparing Handen to other areas of the city.

I'm after actual numbers for comparison though, not "oh my god crime is bad someone got stabbed the other week the whole country is going down the pan everybody run for your lives before theimmigrants get you" type press articles / opinions.

Thanks in advance.
Go to the top of the page
+
PDX
post 2.Jan.2013, 02:56 PM
Post #2

I don't think you will find statistics for invididual districts such as Handen, only at the kommun level (Haninge in your case). Detailed statistics, are, however available for the inner Stockholm city.

Links:

Haninge crime rates:
http://www.brottsportalen.se/index.php?cur...&kommun=130

Stockholm inner city crime rates by district:
http://www.brottsportalen.se/index.php?cur...&kommun=142

~~~PDX~~~
+
Mart123
post 2.Jan.2013, 03:16 PM
Post #3

Superb. Thankyou.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 2.Jan.2013, 03:29 PM
Post #4

Note that since you are buying a house you will be living in the better parts of the municipality, so municipality statistics is not a very good measure.

In general, villa suburbs are spared from most violent crimes (even in the worst cities/towns/suburbs), so unless you plan to spend late nights in the city center there is not much to worry about. Burglary statistics can be interesting, but no area is spared from those.
+
Mart123
post 2.Jan.2013, 03:41 PM
Post #5

For sure. I'm just looking for comparisons is all. Having said that, it's certainly not unlike me to have a few beers and walk home on my own in the dark, so it is something to bear in mind.

I just wanted to check it wasn't 5 times more dangerous than the average for Stockholm or anything silly. It doesn't seem to be, and I'm pretty comfortable with the Stockholm average. I'll go check it out and see how it feels.

Thanks for the advice.
+
Willy
post 2.Jan.2013, 07:21 PM
Post #6

Agreeing with Bender: Can anyone think of a "dangerous" villaområde in Sweden? I can't. The potential trouble spots are some miljonprogrammet areas of housing blocks.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 2.Jan.2013, 09:55 PM
Post #7

Exactly, but sometimes the closest subway/train station is in one of those blocks...
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com