• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Tonguetwister involving the letter R

The harder, the better

Edmund
post 20.Nov.2012, 08:38 PM
Post #1

Hi

Does anyone know a decent Swedish tongue twister based on the letter R? I've looked around a bit without finding one.

Speak fairly good Swedish, so the harder, the better!

Cheers
Go to the top of the page
+
John.Smith
post 21.Nov.2012, 06:43 PM
Post #2

If ou do find one then try learning it in Skånska... That would be highly entertaining smile.gif
+
Edmund
post 22.Nov.2012, 09:36 AM
Post #3

Funnily enough this started from trying to do an impression of Zlatan. And failing miserably. I think I'll stick to the Stockholm R, its a wee bit easier....
+
Migga
post 22.Nov.2012, 10:10 AM
Post #4

Whatever you do don`t try an impression of this guy;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnCC0Ii_EPA
+
Hisingen
post 22.Nov.2012, 01:51 PM
Post #5

Having looked up on various sites, for 'tungvrickare' or tongue-twisters there does seem to be a shortage using R. Sjuksköterskor, laxask, får and åa - in plenty, but nothing to match Round and round the ragged rock.
When teaching English to my evening classes, I often used some of our best known ones, especially Whether the weather be wet, making the Swedes more aware of the difference between W and V.
We had a load of fun, I can assure you. Tongue-twisters are a good way of improving one's 'uttal'.
But sorry, tough luck on R in Swedish.
+
Pursuivant
post 23.Nov.2012, 01:01 PM
Post #6

runar rökar räkor rätt.
örjan börjar röra rörmontör över rörskruvrörelse.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com