7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7   Reply to this topic

Is it really that impossible to find a job?

New in Sweden

Gamla Hälsingebock
post 10.May.2016, 09:39 PM
Post #91

Please remember that Swedish is an OFFICIAL language of Sweden!!!

If you cannot speak it fluently, employment/social/business activities will be curtailed...

To be able to speak it fluently, is more of an advantage than having a degree...

And remember...although it is painful...people anywhere usually hire one of their own...
Go to the top of the page
+
Maurice
post 3.Dec.2016, 06:27 PM
Post #92

I'm new on this and I read this, I'm kinda stuck with the same problem as many other people fell in love with a Swede and you know how it goes.

I'm very young what is an advantage for me because I wanna speak Swedish fluently, legalise my degree estate management to a swedish one, have a driver license and stay at my girlfriend ( having a swedish adres on your CV helps they said) before eventually moving there and finding a job.

I wanna live up north what decreases changes of finding a job and I don't know if Sweden needs people with a degree estate management ? Is it a good business or only made for a few? And will my young age, a swedish adres, a driver license, fluently speaking the language and having a professional bachelor degree give me opportunities to find work?

I heard Angel13 her story and this is what I'm exactly afraid off, I quit my studies Law because I know learning the law of my country will be worthless when I live in another country and because it was too boring as well tongue.gif . Are there any shortage occupations in the estate economy? Or any information I can find about it? I wanna be well prepared and have a lot of information before actually moving to another country.
+
hatim
post 3.Dec.2016, 07:02 PM
Post #93

QUOTE (Maurice @ 3.Dec.2016, 06:27 PM) *
I'm new on this and I read this, I'm kinda stuck with the same problem as many other people fell in love with a Swede and you know how it goes. I'm very young what ... (show full quote)

Is your driver's licence from within EU. If not then you will need a new one as after one year of residence your non EU permit is of no use here (even if it has years of validity left)

+
Maurice
post 3.Dec.2016, 08:16 PM
Post #94

QUOTE (hatim @ 3.Dec.2016, 07:02 PM) *
Is your driver's licence from within EU. If not then you will need a new one as after one year of residence your non EU permit is of no use here (even if it has years of validity left)

It is and I am from Europe I live in Belgium, but I'm afraid just like her to find work in Sweden even if I have all the tools to prove myself
+
Fluffer
post 3.Dec.2016, 10:20 PM
Post #95

*I quit my studies Law because I know learning the law of my country will be worthless when I live in another country and because it was too boring as well* ...

Oh dear...that would've stood you in good stead to move to any country. Is there really a need to get a degree to become an estate agent..or even such a degree invented for this?
+
Bsmith
post 3.Dec.2016, 11:20 PM
Post #96

Best thing is to learn a trade. Good tradesmen can almost always find work somewhere.
+
Maurice
post 4.Dec.2016, 12:08 PM
Post #97

QUOTE (Fluffer @ 3.Dec.2016, 10:20 PM) *
*I quit my studies Law because I know learning the law of my country will be worthless when I live in another country and because it was too boring as well* ...Oh dear...that ... (show full quote)

It is there is much more then just selling the houses to costumers, you need to learn how to value a house, the materials of what the house is made off, how to approach costumers, the laws that apply when you sell a house, using computerprograms to draw blueprints, also finance and economics play a big role in it.

You seem very close minded saying if there is a degree even needed for this when you never studied it or searched something about it, a 3 year bachelor degree is needed with opportunities to go for a master degree.

+
Bsmith
post 4.Dec.2016, 12:31 PM
Post #98

In the US it is a certification that you can usually get in a few months time and a test you must pass. Not to say it is easy. As Maurice says, there is a lot to learn, especially the legal aspects.
+
LLHope
post 4.Dec.2016, 01:24 PM
Post #99

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 4.Dec.2016, 12:31 PM) *
In the US it is a certification that you can usually get in a few months time and a test you must pass. Not to say it is easy. As Maurice says, there is a lot to learn, especially the legal aspects.
In Sweden it is against the law to practice as an Estate Agent without being registered with FMI (Fastighetsmäklarinspektionen), doing so without registering can result in a fine or prison sentence.

There are even educational requirements for Full registration, i.e. a Swedish university education and supervised work practice with a registered estate agent, or if you studied outside of Sweden then, as usual, you can apply to have the qualification recognised as long as it is relevant to estate agent practice in the country you studied, plus there are additional assessment tests to ensure that you are ready to practice as an estate agent in Sweden.

+
Maurice
post 4.Dec.2016, 01:48 PM
Post #100

QUOTE (LLHope @ 4.Dec.2016, 01:24 PM) *
In Sweden it is against the law to practice as an Estate Agent without being registered with FMI (Fastighetsmäklarinspektionen), doing so without registering can result in a ... (show full quote)

Thank you, exactly the answer I like to read on here. Imagine going to Sweden with a degree real estate not knowing this.
Something I can work on and look up and get more information about. Really glad people like you are on this not trying to put others down but give them a realistic view on how to deal with certain aspects when moving to another country.
I'm planning to recognise my degree and take extra education in Sweden to ensure everything should be fine when trying to find a job.
+
Maurice
post 4.Dec.2016, 01:51 PM
Post #101

QUOTE (Bsmith @ 4.Dec.2016, 12:31 PM) *

Thank you!
+
Fluffer
post 4.Dec.2016, 02:03 PM
Post #102

No offence was intended Maurice! I know a couple of estate agents (though not in Sweden) who set up on their own with no degree. Although they were very skilled, having quite a property portfolio of their own. I hope it works out for you.
+

7 Pages V  « < 5 6 7
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement
Advertisement

Popular articles

Advertisement
Advertisement