• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Viasat HD Receiver + Sport Package Wanted

Viasat Sport

anonuul
post 4.Dec.2010, 01:05 PM
Post #1

I am looking for the above so I can watch the Premier League football matches but I am in the UK can anyone help me?

Regards

Go to the top of the page
+
Rick Methven
post 4.Dec.2010, 01:10 PM
Post #2

It only comes via a monthly subscription £20 via other cable/sat suppliers such as comhem.and you need a Swedish address
+
anonuul
post 4.Dec.2010, 01:25 PM
Post #3

QUOTE (Rick Methven @ 4.Dec.2010, 12:10 PM) *
It only comes via a monthly subscription £20 via other cable/sat suppliers such as comhem.and you need a Swedish address

If someone in Sweden is willing to take out a subscription and send me the box + card I will pay them double for their troubles. Each month I will send you the money as long as the subscription is always active plus I will send you an initial one off payment to cover the postage and so much for the box. This is a genuine offer!
+
byke
post 4.Dec.2010, 01:43 PM
Post #4

I spoke to a bloke on the train in sweden this summer who worked for viasat sports and he told me they shipped lots of boxes out of sweden to swedes living abroad ... all above board and all totally kosher.

I think if you contact them directly (if you are not swedish, just say ya dad is and he is now old and living with you) ... As I think they even do a IP TV viasat box also?
+
anonuul
post 4.Dec.2010, 02:16 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (byke @ 4.Dec.2010, 12:43 PM) *
I spoke to a bloke on the train in sweden this summer who worked for viasat sports and he told me they shipped lots of boxes out of sweden to swedes living abroad ... all abov ... (show full quote)

I'm not Swedish and neither is my dad LOL. I know that boxes and cards are available in the UK but mostly by rob-dogging scoundrels who try and sell them for nearly £2000 or more. I'm only interested to watch the footy but not at those prices. I suppose it won't hurt to try and contact them direct but I'm sure I would stand a better chance if I spoke the lingo and had a Swedish pad ...HELP!
+
byke
post 4.Dec.2010, 02:57 PM
Post #6

According to their website its a minimum of 24 months contract, and the decoders cost 350 to 600 quid usually. Personally I have never owned one, so I dont know how it works etc ... do you want it hosted in sweden and slung over via a sling box, or just own the whole setup and attach it to a dish in the uk?
+
Furu
post 4.Dec.2010, 03:37 PM
Post #7

How do you plan to get a signal in the UK?
+
anonuul
post 4.Dec.2010, 03:39 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (byke @ 4.Dec.2010, 01:57 PM) *
According to their website its a minimum of 24 months contract, and the decoders cost 350 to 600 quid usually. Personally I have never owned one, so I dont know how it works e ... (show full quote)

I want it attached to my motorised dish in the UK. I also don't have a problem with buying a 24mth sub as long as I'm not being ripped off by the scumbags over here. Can you give me a link to the page where you have to take out a 24mth sub? cheers
+
anonuul
post 4.Dec.2010, 03:44 PM
Post #9

QUOTE (Furu @ 4.Dec.2010, 02:37 PM) *
How do you plan to get a signal in the UK?

See above reply ...I can get the channels fine as I scanned 4.8E Sirus and found all the "Viasat Extra PL1 to PL7" but of course they are encrypted and I know they don't start transmission until 5 minutes before the games. Anyhow seeing as the match kicks off in 15 minutes I'm off to one of my local watering holes to watch it there! :-)
+
byke
post 4.Dec.2010, 04:05 PM
Post #10

www.viasat.se

thats the official page, if you have google chrome you can get extensions that automatically translate the language to english.
+
fasttel
post 10.Feb.2011, 05:57 PM
Post #11

I too find myself in the same situation as Anonuul. Has anyone been successful with entering into a subscription with Viasat.se using a UK address and payment details?

I can't see how the cowboys on the net can charge in excess of £2k for this!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com