• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Swedish man saves women from drowning in China

Video of the rescue

Migga
post 11.Dec.2012, 10:26 AM
Post #16

Well no matter where the money end up the Swedes are still giving the money in the first place, that must count for something. They are giving their hard earned cash to help.

If you can`t see the small gestures then you aren`t looking or you choose not to. There are Swedes who every week feed immigrated and native homeless people by putting up stands on the local squares. People take time out of their week and from their families to arrange events for young families like doing theater, teachers who help struggeling students with homework or language studies. In my area a refugee center was opened, local Swedes flocked to the place giving warm winter cloths and their kids gave their loved toys away. I don`t have the same views as you do when I see this weekly.
Go to the top of the page
+
John.Smith
post 11.Dec.2012, 11:18 AM
Post #17

QUOTE (Migga @ 11.Dec.2012, 10:26 AM) *
If you can`t see the small gestures then you aren`t looking or you choose not to...

What an absolutely bizarre statement to make? I have no interest in arguing with you and I can only speak from my own experiences, both the good and the bad.

Giving money and clothes etc... is great. Going out of your way to help someone is better in many cases.
+
Scott McCoy
post 11.Dec.2012, 04:23 PM
Post #18

I,m guessing the Swede was drunk as usual,fell into the water,floated by the guy and snagged him with his belt buckle and they both ended up on the shore.
+
John.Smith
post 11.Dec.2012, 08:07 PM
Post #19

Unfair... funny as hell...but unfair! cool.gif
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 12.Dec.2012, 12:59 AM
Post #20

A truer word was never "spoke"...

Everybody knows that ancient Swedish laws concerning the saving of life has always meant that the saver has the responsibility during his/her life to support and care for the "savee" and his/her immediate family and extended family no matter where they are and even if the "savee" is an immigrant from a Third World country.

Those ancient Swedes being the bad people they were even predicted the eventuality of Third World countries and the loathsome creatures that created and abide within them...Ergo the Orient! huh.gif

So, that belt buckle scenario is about as true as it gets! laugh.gif

No Swede in his/her right mind would help another person in need.

They are a bad group...you best stay away!
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help.
Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options