• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5   Reply to this topic

Don't keep up with the Svenssons

Kick the SD Nazis out!

John.Smith
post 14.Feb.2013, 03:33 PM
Post #61

Actually I think its a good mixture of both actually. Why would you not want to 'import' educated and experienced people to fill certain job positions that the home market cannot do itself? This secures the market and creates more jobs through innovation that otherwise would not exist. But the point is to be selective about what type of skills and likelyhood of success (employment) the immigrant would have. Also, a kick-start in the birth rate could be encouraged by investing in public spending such as increase in child support systems and health care.

Eitherway, Europe is sliding down a slippery slope as young couples are both having fewer kids and at a later age compared to just one generation ago. Many parents my age just want 1 or max 2 kids as it affects their standard of living.
Go to the top of the page
+
oddsock
post 14.Feb.2013, 04:33 PM
Post #62

QUOTE (Svensksmith @ 14.Feb.2013, 03:17 PM) *
If the people of Sweden aren't having kids, the answer is not to bring in more people from other countries...it's to encourage young couples to have children by creati ... (show full quote)

There is already very generous parental leave in Sweden, child support payments, almost free dagis and free and/or salaried education all the way up to PhD level. Despite this, people are not having kids. In fact, your average Swede doesn't seem to start working until they are about 28/29 and have had a year to travel the world and then spent a good part of a decade attempting to complete a number of degree programs until they find the right one that is just lagom enough.
+
oddsock
post 14.Feb.2013, 04:48 PM
Post #63

QUOTE (Elf_Moon @ 14.Feb.2013, 02:32 PM) *
If we just let the flood gates open, we will all be drowning in chaos, there simply needs to be order.

Well the floodgates are hardly open, annual net immigration to Sweden is 0.17%.

Considering that EU citizens can't even get a personnummer here, I would say that immigrating to Sweden is quite difficult.
+
Svensksmith
post 14.Feb.2013, 04:50 PM
Post #64

With over 7 billion people on the earth, the population expanding exponentially and with resources dwindling it is unwise to keeping knocking out kids with abandon.
+
oddsock
post 14.Feb.2013, 04:53 PM
Post #65

That's true, but our pension and economical system is built on two assumptions: a.) that the human population will keep growing and b.) that natural resources will last forever.

So if you think it is unwise for people to have more kids, and yet you also want to enjoy a comfortable pension under the current system (I assume you do), then it is enormously hypocritical to be against immigration.
+
Svensksmith
post 14.Feb.2013, 05:42 PM
Post #66

Actually, pensions are fast becoming a thing of the past. Those of us with jobs will be working much longer in life than our parents did...perhaps right up to the grave. This is due, in part, to lengthening life spans but also to a big degree to inflation, poor stock market performance and bad legislation. Bringing in more immigrants (of the unemployable variety) than the tax base can support would be an example of this bad legislation.

Again, let me be clear, I am not opposed to all immigration, but the type of immigration that Garry is proposing is just ludicris.
+
icedearth
post 14.Feb.2013, 07:59 PM
Post #67

QUOTE (Svensksmith @ 14.Feb.2013, 04:50 PM) *
With over 7 billion people on the earth, the population expanding exponentially and with resources dwindling it is unwise to keeping knocking out kids with abandon.

There are enough resources for humanity, but resources are exclusive for some population. Statistics show 80 percent of the waste on earth is coming from the developed countries which represent 20 % or less of the earth's population...
+
Svensksmith
post 14.Feb.2013, 08:17 PM
Post #68

How much of your share are you willing to give up to help your neighbor?
+
polartwist
post 14.Feb.2013, 08:58 PM
Post #69

QUOTE (oddsock @ 14.Feb.2013, 12:38 AM) *
Just look at all those Swedes who take a decade to finish five years of university.

It is not mandatory to go to the university and it does not make you a better person. Working is also a civic duty, don't forget it.
+
oddsock
post 14.Feb.2013, 09:40 PM
Post #70

?

I believe that was partly the point I was making.
+
Rima1985
post 15.Feb.2013, 12:18 AM
Post #71

Same ppl arguing over and over everyday. i wonder if you have a life or something.maybe you are spamming robots c'mon get a focking job ...losers
+
Svensksmith
post 15.Feb.2013, 12:40 AM
Post #72

I'm too old to get a focking job. I'd have to troll the old folks home.
+
Elf_Moon
post 15.Feb.2013, 07:36 PM
Post #73

Well... I for one have a job and a life(though I will be sure to check my pulse once I have finished writing this post just to be sure!)

I thank you for your rather inappropriately worded advice biggrin.gif Though I think your lovely post says more about yourself than the people you are referring to honey.

And Oddsock, you keep misinterpreting me! Never mind... I give up, this thread should be put to bed now anyways smile.gif
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 15.Feb.2013, 09:17 PM
Post #74

When all is said and done...the Swedish people will vote for or against a party that they think does or does not represent them...the SD is popular for some at this time and may be what a lot of Swedes think they need in the future...however it is their choice...the SD is not forcing anyone to vote for them!
+

5 Pages V  « < 3 4 5
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply