• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

Sambo Visa start date

What is date written on UT card

friendonlyyours
post 18.Feb.2013, 03:04 PM
Post #16

You both did not get correctly tongue.gif I referred gay marriage because of recent news if you have read there was gay couple marriage, before MV decide to deport them then their marriage came to media and government interfere in it and now MV will decide again and everybody know the decisions.

My all post were about time as this post says somebody ask the question. The point is I accept 10 months time then why they are starting my visa from the date applied and who is responsible the time increased to PUT with that waiting time (this is I refer to waiting time mess). In current condition I will be able to get PUT 10 months late ?
Go to the top of the page
+
friendonlyyours
post 18.Feb.2013, 03:11 PM
Post #17

QUOTE (axiom @ 18.Feb.2013, 12:44 PM) *
Sweden is an equal society, the same rights are afforded to gay couples as they are to straight couples, no special rules apply. This is one of the most beautiful things about ... (show full quote)

In last email visa officer hint me they are expecting to call me in march which falsify you saying after expiring current permit calling statement because I have still 8 month visa left, its only valid in extension cases.
But I still don't believe on MV because before they said in october expected call for interview.
+
axiom
post 18.Feb.2013, 03:39 PM
Post #18

Nice, then its only a month away!

I'm guessing you had a two year permit and then got married very soon after getting your work permit. Then of course you won't wait two years, but it also means you have to wait longer. However you can travel in and out of Sweden as you like since you have 8 months left, so I am trying to see who this affects your job ? I would imagine it makes sense to prioritise those people with no current permit whatsoever and therefore can't travel at all.
+
friendonlyyours
post 18.Feb.2013, 04:37 PM
Post #19

I don't have big issue with waiting for 10 months if I will get visa from date applied. If you have PUT there are different rules and visa processing to UK, golf and USA is easy and if you have passport you don't need visa to travel around the world for any kind of visit as IT company has opportunities like that.

And if I deserve PUT in 2 months why should I get it in 2 year 10 months ? First because of them wait 10 months then get PUT 10 months late ? I am not agree with that. They are already wasting my 9 months of job visa which will not count anywhere. It is big pain for me if I will get PUT 10 months late.

Why they don't think other way around ? Why don't they prioritize the queue by record of person who applied from Sweden they can check all history about anyone I have am living almost 3.5 year If I have all supported papers why they finish case in 1 week instead of pending it as it don't need more that ? It can fast their work and reduce the waiting time ?

If they are just waiting for break up while waiting time then I think anytime your sambo can inform MV about breakup and they can cancel visa anytime so its not big deal.
+
axiom
post 18.Feb.2013, 04:47 PM
Post #20

Maybe we just see two sides of the same coin.

I was happy to be finally settling with my sambo after commuting between cities for almost three years. In between buying an apt and moving in together, the msvt bureaucracy seemed pretty negligible, I was having a good time while I waited biggrin.gif

Hope you get your PUT soon!
+
Yorkshireman
post 18.Feb.2013, 05:01 PM
Post #21

QUOTE (friendonlyyours @ 18.Feb.2013, 04:37 PM) *
It is big pain for me if I will get PUT 10 months late.

There is no fixed time for issuing a PUT. You interpretation of the rules is incorrect. A PUT may be granted when the extension for your current permit is processed. So, according to the estimated times that is 8-10 months, if it is processed between 8-10 months, then it is a pretty good estimate of processing time. It doesn't mean it is late, since they haven't anywhere said when it is due.

QUOTE (friendonlyyours @ 18.Feb.2013, 04:37 PM) *
Why they don't think other way around ? Why don't they prioritize the queue by record of person who applied from Sweden they can check all history about anyone I have ... (show full quote)

They do think the other way around ...if they prioritised applications from Sweden then EVERYONE would come to Sweden to make applications! wink.gif ...and it is prioritised in such a way that those that already have permits, that are already with their loved ones, not about to be deported, not in danger ...can patiently wait for processing. ...Why don't You think the other way around ...if you were in another country, away from your loved one, and they said ...sorry we prioritise those that are already in Sweden and already have permits. Wouldn't you feel even worse? wink.gif
+
friendonlyyours
post 18.Feb.2013, 05:42 PM
Post #22

QUOTE (Yorkshireman @ 18.Feb.2013, 05:01 PM) *
There is no fixed time for issuing a PUT. You interpretation of the rules is incorrect. A PUT may be granted when the extension for your current permit is processed. So, accor ... (show full quote)

I am sorry I don't get it what you said ?
As I guess you mean after 10 months first permit waiting time + 2 years permit + 8 months waiting time for extension = 3.5 years is normal to get PUT
+
axiom
post 18.Feb.2013, 11:01 PM
Post #23

He is basically saying that a PUT is granted at the discretion of the case officer that reviews your application.

There is a general rule of the thumb that after 2years with a UT for settlement you may be a PUT but there is nothing in law that says you must or you have to. Hence there is no PUT application form just a regular renewal and if the case officer feels like it, a PUT is granted.
+
goodnight
post 25.Feb.2013, 08:13 AM
Post #24

From 2010 till 2012 June I had student permit. Within that time, I got married with Swede and applied for new permit u know family permit. This year, I got the family permit on ground of my wife and this visa stats from this month till 2 years.

I had the same question within those waiting months I had no visa and MV doesnt count those months.
+
axiom
post 25.Feb.2013, 09:01 AM
Post #25

Just to point out that if you plan to become a Swedish citizen at any time, you can count the 3years from the day you submitted the application, not the day it was approved.
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help.
Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply