• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8   Reply to this topic

'Bad apples soured Instagram sex protest'

TL censurship of comments and bad reportage

Migga
post 2.Jan.2013, 01:35 AM
Post #106

Being ethnic Swede isn`t the same thing as having a swedish ethnicity. There are loads of Swedes around the world today. There are Swedes with an american nationality but has a swedish ethnicity, there are Swedes with a swedish nationality and a swedish ethnicity, there are Swedes with a swedish nationality but an iranian ethnicity and there are Swedes with a english nationality but a swedish ethnicity. They can all identify as being Swedes but the one that`s an ethnic Swede is the person with a swedish ethnicity and a swedish nationality. One can have a swedish ethnicity but choose not to identify with being swedish at all, one might identify with ones iranian nationality instead. So nationality hasn`t anything to do with ethnicity since they are the two factors which can shape ones identity as an ethnic Swede/Swede or, for example, an ethnic Iranian/Iranian.
Go to the top of the page
+
byke
post 4.Jan.2013, 10:59 AM
Post #107

QUOTE (Migga @ 20.Dec.2012, 10:54 AM) *
I don`t know where you get that kind of information, it sure isn`t from the link you posted. Ebba, 16 years old, is one of the victims and no the name Kenneth Thilly d ... (show full quote)

Latest reports show the police ballsed up.
And they are now looking at a new suspect.
+
jvtx3232
post 4.Jan.2013, 02:55 PM
Post #108

QUOTE (Rick Methven @ 31.Dec.2012, 06:42 AM) *
The Sami are the indigenous people of Sweden.. You Swedes are just immigrants who came to exploit the land and the indigenous people.

Not possible, what's today Sami territory was still under a massive ice sheet when Native Swedes began colonizing the newly ice-free regions of what's now southern Sweden 10,000 or so years ago.
+
jvtx3232
post 4.Jan.2013, 04:43 PM
Post #109

QUOTE (Potentialexpat @ 29.Dec.2012, 11:07 PM) *
Though calling people unattractive/ugly because they are "pale" is very much stretching it. There are people beautiful, and ugly in all skin tones.

When I was younger I used to think that getting a sun tan was "cool" and made you look better, like pop culture told us all to believe. Now I never even try to get a suntan myself, and I realize that the most beautiful women in the world are as white as the snow. Some guys are leg men, some guys are breast men. My big turn-ons are pale white skin, tow-headed blondest blonde hair (not died), light blonde almost imperceptible eyebrows, and blue eyes. Now that's hot!
+
jvtx3232
post 4.Jan.2013, 04:52 PM
Post #110

QUOTE (entry @ 22.Dec.2012, 06:37 AM) *
A racist today is anyone that does not embrace the left wing nuts' distorted view on life.

Ha ha, it's ok to be an anti-white racist and say things like "Native Swedes have ugly pasty white complexions," the only real racism is when one says something that could be remotely perceived as "insensitive" to "persons of color"!
LOL! wink.gif
+
jvtx3232
post 4.Jan.2013, 05:16 PM
Post #111

QUOTE (jostein @ 30.Dec.2012, 09:34 AM) *
True. However, us Swedes ARE the indigenous people of sweden. Your earlier post was comparing Americans with Swedes which is an incorrect comparison. If you wish to compare Am ... (show full quote)

Well said. Native Swedes ARE the Native Americans of Sweden. Native Swedes are in the early stages of being subjected to the similar kind of genocide in scale that Native Americans were (and still are).

This video clip is pretty well done if a bit long for a YouTube clip (13 minutes). It's worth watching though if you have the time to see what it's like when the shoe is on the other foot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=faNge-o0V-k
+
Potentialexpat
post 5.Jan.2013, 09:50 PM
Post #112

Sweden hasn't had a foreign government claim their lands. The immigration is allowed, and encouraged by the government. (The native Americans didnt have a choice.) Natives were given blankets with disease deliberetly. I have yet to hear a story of people just killing swedes, and taking their lands.

If to you what is occurring is genocide then you have lived a sheltered life. A change in demographics is not genocide. If the change in Swedens demographics was a result of deliberate slaughter I would say that you'd have a point.
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 5.Jan.2013, 10:23 PM
Post #113

QUOTE (Rick Methven @ 31.Dec.2012, 08:42 AM) *
The Sami are the indigenous people of Sweden.You Swedes are just immigrants who came to exploit the land and the indigenous people. It took hundreds of years for Swedes to ack ... (show full quote)

QUOTE (jvtx3232 @ 4.Jan.2013, 03:55 PM) *
Not possible, what's today Sami territory was still under a massive ice sheet when Native Swedes began colonizing the newly ice-free regions of what's now southern Swe ... (show full quote)

There are not many artifacts from that time, but AFAIK both the northern and southern parts of Sweden were colonized around the same time by Sami from the north and Germanic tribes from the south.

In that aspect, the Sami are native of the North and Swedes are native of the south.
+
byke
post 6.Jan.2013, 11:38 AM
Post #114

I dont understand why so much time and effort is being spent on finding the poster of a social media post. Surely, they can not be held responsible for the actions of others who took it upon themselves to riot.

What will these achieve?

Simply a scapegoat excuse to cover the failings of local law enforcement for not protecting the public or persons property at the time.

The real criminals are those who acted out and caused physical damage, irrespective of what motivated them.
+
jvtx3232
post 6.Jan.2013, 03:51 PM
Post #115

QUOTE (Bender B Rodriquez @ 5.Jan.2013, 10:23 PM) *
There are not many artifacts from that time, but AFAIK both the northern and southern parts of Sweden were colonized around the same time by Sami from the north and Germanic t ... (show full quote)

Again, it's simply not physically possible. For thousands of years there were still ice sheets covering the northern regions of Sweden when Native Swedes (blonde-haired blue-eyed Svens and Sofias) were hunting, fishing, and settling Småland, Östergötland, and Västergötland, etc.

(Yes I know they didn't call them that back then, but that's what we call them today, don't play games with me.)
+
jvtx3232
post 10.Jan.2013, 06:04 AM
Post #116

QUOTE (jvtx3232 @ 4.Jan.2013, 04:43 PM) *
Some guys are leg men, some guys are breast men. My big turn-ons are pale white skin, tow-headed blondest blonde hair (not died), light blonde almost imperceptible eyebrows, a ... (show full quote)

Here's an example of what I'm talking about. This nice young lady is on the German Women's Rowing Team (her name is Nadja Drygalla). I don't see any dark roots in her hair! Hubba hubba! cool.gif

Attached Image
+

8 Pages V  « < 6 7 8
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN