• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Why am I not allowed to put money in my bank ac

Only in Sweden

Hede
post 14.Jan.2013, 06:45 PM
Post #1

I have just moved back to Sweden from UK and I asked before I came , how much money I was allowed to take with me and it was not more then 10 000 Euros in cash throw the Airport .

Now when I am trying to put it in my bank account they are saying that I am not allowed until I have prof of where they came from , I dont have it some of them was in my bank account in UK but most of them I loaned out to a friend and I sold my car with other stuff before I moved back .

So what can I do to prof where they came from ? What do I have to do to not be treated like a criminal just because I want to put my money in my bank account where the bank should be thankful that I am putting them in their bank .
Go to the top of the page
+
canuk
post 14.Jan.2013, 06:53 PM
Post #2

you can give me the money and in return ill transfer 85% back to you in swedish currency.
+
byke
post 14.Jan.2013, 06:54 PM
Post #3

Just make deposits of say 9k at a time,
+
ahm
post 14.Jan.2013, 06:56 PM
Post #4

May be SEB ,
it also accepting opening account no. without personnummer
Another thing Handelsbanken is very secured prestigious bank
+
byke
post 14.Jan.2013, 06:57 PM
Post #5

SEB sometimes have automatic machines allowing you to be able to deposit 15k at a time
+
Hede
post 14.Jan.2013, 07:30 PM
Post #6

its Swedbank almost all of them are the same , I know you can put them 9k at the time but then they will say where did all these money came from . in UK 8k or 9k is nothing but here its big money
+
Bender B Rodriquez
post 14.Jan.2013, 07:42 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Hede @ 14.Jan.2013, 07:45 PM) *
I have just moved back to Sweden from UK and I asked before I came , how much money I was allowed to take with me and it was not more then 10 000 Euros in cash throw the Airpo ... (show full quote)

The banks would gladly take your money but they have to follow European money laundering laws: http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/jus.../l24016a_en.htm So for large amounts of money, especially cash, they are required to ask for proof of origin.

Now, if you had done a transfer directly between your UK account and your Swedish account everything would have been fine since the Swedish bank can assume that the UK bank knows about its customers. But for cash they are very strict since large cash amounts are common among criminals. In Sweden they have to ask if you bring more than 10,000 SEK in cash. This low amount was implemented due to the common occurrence of bank/armoured car robberies in the late 90s/early 00s.
+
Flutterbye
post 14.Jan.2013, 08:34 PM
Post #8

Don't understand why you drew out so much cash instead of doing a transfer from UK Bank To Swedish Bank.
You say you have no proof where the cash came from but you do.
1 if you drew cash out of a UK bank you must have a statement showing an amount withdrawn and a nil balance.
2 you say you sold your car so you must have some paperwork concerning that transaction.
3 when you loaned someone money did you not have an agreement with the borrower which would be proof you made a loan and got the money back.
No one is treating you like a criminal,we all have to have proof when depositing large amounts into a bank account.
A couple of years ago I sold my house and had not found a new property, stayed with friends while I looked.
The Solicitor who dealt with my sale deposited the proceeds in my Bank acount and despite the Solicitors and Bank being opposite one another in a very small town and deal with one another all the time, I still had a call from the bank concerning the deposit because it was so large, for a short time I was quite wealthy rolleyes.gif
Because of money laundering Banks have to be so careful now.
Attached Image
+
MetalforLife
post 14.Jan.2013, 09:30 PM
Post #9

Its because of the new world order, total enslavement and big brother. ALL of you BETTER watch this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO24XmP1c5E
+
Hede
post 14.Jan.2013, 09:37 PM
Post #10

QUOTE (Bender B Rodriquez @ 14.Jan.2013, 07:42 PM) *
The banks would gladly take your money but they have to follow European money laundering laws: http://europa.eu/legislation_summaries/jus.../l24016a_en.htm So for large amount ... (show full quote)

Thanks for the information ! I understand that its a lot of money but am not a person who is going around with it ,I moved country I had to take everything I had and your right I should have put in everything in my UK account so they could see it . But everything went so quickly so I had no time to put them on my account. They also said it will take many days to transfer them then the xmas break came sad.gif
+
Hede
post 14.Jan.2013, 09:46 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Flutterbye @ 14.Jan.2013, 08:34 PM) *
Don't understand why you drew out so much cash instead of doing a transfer from UK Bank To Swedish Bank.You say you have no proof where the cash came from but you do.1 if ... (show full quote)

I had half of them in my bank account then I toke them out small amounts before I toke everything out , I should have transfer it from there but now its to late I am in Sweden . its was just wired its not a full money for a house or something its only 8k or more . I had no agreement with my mate no but I didint knew I would be in this situation a month after .
+
Hede
post 14.Jan.2013, 09:46 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (MetalforLife @ 14.Jan.2013, 09:30 PM) *
Its because of the new world order, total enslavement and big brother. ALL of you BETTER watch this!. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO24XmP1c5E

haha you with your youtube clips ! biggrin.gif
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se