• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

This is very disturbing!

We are supposed to kill these people...aren't we?

Gamla Hälsingebock
post 13.Dec.2012, 12:50 AM
Post #1

How can you not say bad things about the people you are fighting?

I don't get it...who is winning and why are our people dying?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/12/propo...k-up-for-women/
Go to the top of the page
+
Hamsterdam
post 13.Dec.2012, 01:10 AM
Post #2

The most disturbing part of all this are the top two words at the top of the page

"Fox News"

This is a lesson that shows that many are so gullible in both logic and intelligence that simple propaganda takes over common sense,

Seriously, show some respect for others by not presuming everyone else is so mentally backwards.
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 13.Dec.2012, 01:14 AM
Post #3

Reply???????????????What????????????????
+
byke
post 13.Dec.2012, 01:36 AM
Post #4

The OP has come out in the past an actively defended the Taliban.

Now FOX news is telling him that American soldiers are being advised to refrain from confrontation discussions with the Taliban. Which has resulted in the OP now advocating murder through his topic title.

I love the idea that a person who pretends to be a Swede then describes US soilders as "our people".

Now remind us all again, who owns a large majority of FOX news?
+
Gamla Hälsingebock
post 13.Dec.2012, 04:41 AM
Post #5

The Taliban! laugh.gif
+
Yorkshireman
post 13.Dec.2012, 08:33 AM
Post #6

QUOTE (byke @ 13.Dec.2012, 01:36 AM) *
Which has resulted in the OP now advocating murder through his topic title.

No, Gamla just asked a question, didn't advocate murder, it's You reading something into the sentence that isn't there!
I quote... 'We are supposed to kill these people...aren't we?'

QUOTE (byke @ 13.Dec.2012, 01:36 AM) *
I love the idea that a person who pretends to be a Swede then describes US soilders as "our people".

The Swedish military is also in Afghanistan.
+
The Nine
post 13.Dec.2012, 12:28 PM
Post #7

QUOTE (Gamla Hälsingebock @ 13.Dec.2012, 12:50 AM) *
How can you not say bad things about the people you are fighting?. I don't get it...who is winning and why are our people dying?. http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/12/propo...k-up-for-women/

Being that this article appears on the most right wing news network in the world, one can assume that this editorial has cherry picked snippets that fit in to their view point.

Soldiers are not allowed to have a point of view. It is a corner stone of a successful army. The minute that your troops begin asking themselves questions about what they are doing, why they are doing it, and the rights and wrongs involved, then you cease to have a cohesive army.The rank and file troops are not there to have an opionion about who they are fighting. They are just there to do the job they are told to do.

Being Fox, they have selected a view point that suits them, as opposed to being balanced. These comments in the hand book do not say that a soldier cannot hold an opinion of their own. They say that, whatever your views and opinions may be, don't go making them apparent to the enemy. Fox have chosen to illustrate this by commenting that soliders are not allowed to make comment about the treatment of women or the Talibans supposed views on child abuse.The broader and truer reality, as with any military training, is that troops are drilled to hold no opinion on anything. If you see some doe eyed little kid in the street, looking lost, you don't think aaaw, poor little lost kid, I should be a nice man and help them get home. You think, are they wired up and going to blow,me up, the second I am close enough. Being emotive about your enemy is key to winning a battle and having a cohesive and focused army.

It doesnt just include all the things we may deplore about an enemy, it includes the things we might grow to like about them. There will be plenty of servicemen who have questioned what they are doing and felt empathy for their enemy in some way. There will be those who also commit needless acts of violence because they are driven by hate.

At the end of the day, if you are told to go out and kill the enemy, you do it because you are ordered to. You don't do it because they treat woment badley and you don't consider that you might be about to orpahan a family of young children. Soldiers are drilled to follow orders and not to consider the rights and wrongs of their enemy.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN