• Sweden's news in English

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

hemnet.se problems

Madamlucylulu
post 19.Nov.2007, 05:43 PM
Post #1

Has anyone else noticed how hemnet.se have changed their website recently and it doesn't work very well now? I've been using it for about six months without any problems but in the last few weeks since they changed the format, most of the listings won't open for me, they just hang. This is very irritating.

Are there any other sites I can look on for buying a property in Stockholm? I've had a search through previous threads and I can't find anything.
Go to the top of the page
+
Cheeseroller
post 19.Nov.2007, 07:17 PM
Post #2

You can try http://bovision.se/
+
swinglish
post 19.Nov.2007, 07:18 PM
Post #3

Just tried it with Firefox and it works o/k for me.
+
Eric Cantona
post 19.Nov.2007, 08:04 PM
Post #4

Yeah, it's mainly the mapping that's changed and it's cack. Maybe it's just we dont repond well to change and will adapt in time.
+
Puffin
post 19.Nov.2007, 09:25 PM
Post #5

It still works for me although I don't like the layout now.

I do like the little new gismo where you can define your won search area on a map regardless of whether it crosses county borders.
+
Madamlucylulu
post 19.Nov.2007, 10:55 PM
Post #6

I'm using Firefox on my Mac. (I've also tried a few other browsers but it's even worse with them) The site used to run more efficiently on my Mac than on my boyfriend's PC. But now I can only open about 30% of the listings. It just hangs on the rest. The new maps suck. The old system used hitta.se which was great. So much for progress.

I used to get a daily email from them containing all the new properties that fit my search criteria. Not anymore.

I emailed them a few days ago to log my complaints. Haven't heard back. Not holding my breath.

I'll give http://bovision.se/ a lash. Thanks.
+
Puffin
post 20.Nov.2007, 09:41 AM
Post #7

Isn't that easy to do yourself though?
+
Madamlucylulu
post 20.Nov.2007, 10:18 AM
Post #8

It would be easy if the listings would open for me... Their new system is full of bugs.
+
Fjällräv
post 20.Nov.2007, 03:24 PM
Post #9

How's it goin' C?

On the other side of things... how's the house selling going over in Dooblin? smile.gif

/K
+
Madamlucylulu
post 20.Nov.2007, 03:36 PM
Post #10

Hiya K,

Not very well. I had an offer in the first week that I turned down because it was about 20% below the asking price. I would have considered it more carefully if I'd known how slow the market had become. Since then I've dropped my asking price twice. I'm getting about one viewer every two/three weeks. It's getting very close to Christmas so I'm not expecting much activity now.

At the moment my best hope is a novena to Saint Joseph.
+
Fjällräv
post 20.Nov.2007, 03:49 PM
Post #11

QUOTE (Madamlucylulu)
At the moment my best hope is a novena to Saint Joseph.

I'll get me Ma to say one to St. Martin for ye. smile.gif

Seems to work for her...
+
Madamlucylulu
post 21.Nov.2007, 03:38 PM
Post #12

Hi!

We change the technical on Hemnet the 5th November and because of that it became some different with the site. If you had a bevakning and not start another one after the 5th that’s one reasone you don't get mail. If you have done a new one the problem is at us, the server seems to not work correctly but we are looking to fix it.

Med vänliga hälsningar...

This is the reply I got from Hemnet about the problems I've been experiencing on their site.
+
Charles Xii Was A Bit Of ...
post 24.Nov.2007, 02:40 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (Madamlucylulu)
Hi!

We change the technical on Hemnet the 5th November and because of that it became some different with the site. If you had a bevakning and not start another one after the 5th that’s one reasone you don't get mail. If you have done a new one the problem is at us, the server seems to not work correctly but we are looking to fix it.

Med vänliga hälsningar...

This is the reply I got from Hemnet about the problems I've been experiencing on their site.

Rubbish, they changed it and it's now completely cack. The added map functionality is great, but simply the site doesn't work properly anymore. I've tried on mac and pc, at home and at work, and it's pants on both.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply
Counselling and Psychotherapy in English
Sometimes living in another culture can cause stress, confusion and feelings of sadness and loneliness. Talking to a professional psychotherapist/counsellor might help you. I am a UKCP Reg. psychotherapist. My practice is in Södermalm, Stockholm.
Contact me to discuss your options