• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Mercuri Urval interview help

Korramatta
post 12.Feb.2008, 04:20 PM
Post #1

Hi all,
I have to attend for an in depth assessment with a company called "Mercuri urval". The company that I originally attended the job interview sending me to this company for an assesment. Does anybody been to "Mercury Urval". Any tips highly appreciated.
Thanks in advance/
Go to the top of the page
+
Madamlucylulu
post 12.Feb.2008, 06:54 PM
Post #2

I've done an in-depth assessment with Mercuri Urval and it's nothing to worry about. They are all very nice and friendly. I was pretty scared beforehand but I actually found it to be quite enjoyable. It's just a series of aptitude tests followed by a meeting with someone to discusses how you did and what type of personality you have etc.. My advice is to eat well and get a good night's sleep the night before.

In my opinion Mercuri Urval are very good. If you are right for the job you will get it. Best of luck!!
+
Korramatta
post 12.Feb.2008, 07:01 PM
Post #3

thanks for the reply. I did their psychometric test online, but was a bit worried about the personal interview with a psychologist! Because I did do this kind of tests before, but wondered whats up with the psychologist. Thanks Again!
+
Madamlucylulu
post 12.Feb.2008, 07:37 PM
Post #4

They appear to be very thorough, which I think is a good thing. It means that they match you with the job carefully. I really wasn't looking forward to it myself, but as I said, there is nothing to worry about at all.

If the job is in your area of expertise, chances are your profile will match what they are looking for. Just be yourself!
+
Korramatta
post 12.Feb.2008, 08:07 PM
Post #5

Thanks. That really gave me some confidence. I've the interview first thing tomorrow morning. I'll post how it went.
Cheers
+
Korramatta
post 14.Feb.2008, 09:56 AM
Post #6

It went well more than I expected. I realized that I was worried for no reason! Just being myself helped me a lot!
+
Faithless
post 14.Feb.2008, 11:34 AM
Post #7

Congrats!
+
Madamlucylulu
post 14.Feb.2008, 06:15 PM
Post #8

QUOTE (Korramatta)
It went well more than I expected. I realized that I was worried for no reason! Just being myself helped me a lot!

That's great, well done. Hope you get good news now. Let us know when you hear. Best of luck.
+
Korramatta
post 14.Feb.2008, 07:13 PM
Post #9

thanks for the support. sure will let you know if I get the job.
+
ITkiwi
post 18.Dec.2010, 12:11 AM
Post #10

An old thread but I am sitting this test next week with the same company.

Have found a few useful links to look through but thought I'd throw the question out there to see if anybody had used an online testing sample or similar they could point me to?

Cheers
+
Beavis
post 18.Dec.2010, 01:42 AM
Post #11

Wow, companies still use aptitude tests to hire, is it 1985? What a stupid way to hire people!
+
swozzie
post 18.Dec.2010, 03:34 AM
Post #12

Why ?

What's wrong with getting an objective assesment as to whether a person's skill set and personality is going to be suitable to a specific position in a particular company and it's culture and matches the brief of what the client is looking for ?

Seems like a pretty good way of finding the right person to me.
+
ITkiwi
post 18.Dec.2010, 04:30 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (Beavis @ 18.Dec.2010, 01:42 AM) *
Wow, companies still use aptitude tests to hire, is it 1985? What a stupid way to hire people!

Given that this is the fourth and final round of interviews it would seem to be a very smart move from the employer to now run an external psychometric testing process across the contenders to help make the 'final decision'. Particularly in a professional environment where they can drill deeper into the capabilities of an individual that may be considered particularly beneficial for a role. Then there's the amount of effort and time utilized in the recruitment process, the significant benefits one receives once employed, the difficulty in firing people etc etc. Psychometric testing still also plays a key role in the recruitment process within the majority of Fortune 500 companies.

That said - you can be sure that after the interviews I've been through and then this test - if I don't get the job I'll be rubbishing the entire process and blaming everyone but myself ;-)
+
swozzie
post 18.Dec.2010, 04:54 AM
Post #14

Good luck ITkiwi !

From what I can tell from your posts you'd be a fantastic assett in any workplace.

Really hope you get the job !
+
ITkiwi
post 18.Dec.2010, 05:07 AM
Post #15

;-) Thanks swozzie, such a nice thing to say
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN