• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

hotel management courses

Spring
post 2.Mar.2008, 12:49 PM
Post #1

Hello Everybody,
I am from your EU, I am living here in Sweden with my boy friend. I just started Swedish courses at SFI. I finished my high school in my home country. I would like to study Hotel management courses in English, Sweden (Stockholm). Can any one you please guide me in this regard. Does any one you have any idea about courses taught in English, if so, are they very expensive to take these courses. Any institutes offering this courses in Stockholm in English.
Thank you in advance.
Go to the top of the page
+
*A'murkin*
post 3.Mar.2008, 09:51 AM
Post #2

I am not sure about here in Sweden, but if it is like anything similar in the States, there should be culinary schools which will also provide "managerial" skills for different branches of the culinary industry including hotels. Search on the web for schools around Stockholm and ask then for specific courses.
Also through co-worker experience of mine, there are poeple who have "worked their way up" through the ranks of hotel services and with their level of ambition, received either the jobs or recomendations for a proper education. It depends on your motivation, time frame and availability of resources around you.
Some hotels, if they see a potential, will also provide you with language training.
If money is not an issue for you, you can take private language classes in any number of language schools in Stockholm that will help you with building your vocabulary specifically for what you are aiming for in your career. Places like Berlitz, though pricy, will give you a very high quality education for your money and for your requirements.

Good luck
+
Spring
post 3.Mar.2008, 07:33 PM
Post #3

Thank you for answer and help, i will search more
+
plob
post 23.Mar.2010, 08:19 PM
Post #4

Hello my name is Talal Bin Malek and i want to come to Sweden to study but could you please tell me
how is the job facility in Sweden for Foreign students? cause even if the tuition fee is free but the living
expense is high so i need a job. One more question if a learn Swedish language is it possible to get a job
of 10,000 KRONER? Last question is it true that foreign students are not allowed to do any kind of job
in Sweden?
+
Furu
post 23.Mar.2010, 08:38 PM
Post #5

Getting a job is very difficult.

Foreign Students are allowed to work full time. No restrictions.

You will only be issued a RP if you can submit financial docusments for entire duration of study.

For e.g. If you got accepted for 2 year Masters Program you need to submit bank statement with 160,000kr in it. (8000kr x 20 months)
+
Langa
post 30.Jan.2013, 10:17 AM
Post #6

Hi Spring!

Was wondering if you finally found out where you can study hotel manangement here in sweden...i am also a student at sfi and interested in same or slightly dif course in english...please let me know of the outcome of yr research...or any other person who can help me with that info...

Langa
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN