• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Bookkeeping software

Squiddy
post 6.Feb.2009, 10:36 AM
Post #1

Morning all,

I am in the process of starting my own company and was wondering if anyone can recommend any bookkeeping software? It's only me that will be using it and it doesn't need to be massivley complicated. Just to keep track of invoices maybe with a bit of CRM thrown in to monitor sales prospects.

Anyone use anything like this?
Go to the top of the page
+
*Grandma Death*
post 6.Feb.2009, 10:37 AM
Post #2

Quickbooks?
+
Squiddy
post 6.Feb.2009, 11:10 AM
Post #3

I should say that the software needs to be compatible with the vagaries of the Swedish tax system. I don't know if Quickbooks works in Sverige (and I can't face ringing the uk sales line to find out). Do you use it here?
+
*Grandma Death*
post 6.Feb.2009, 11:22 AM
Post #4

No, I know they have several international versions, and also an application with CRM so that is why I mentioned it. Unfortunately, I'm not very familiar with any accounting software that small business owners use here. I'm interested to know though, so if you find anything please post it here!
+
PageyGB
post 6.Feb.2009, 11:26 AM
Post #5

I've seen a lot of companies here using SPCS LÖN. You may have to understand Swedish to use it though, I haven't seen an English version.
+
meatismurder
post 6.Feb.2009, 12:34 PM
Post #6

Try Hogia it's a very easy system to use and they are extremely helpfull
+
Squiddy
post 6.Feb.2009, 12:48 PM
Post #7

Thanks for the replies so far guys. The Hogia software is about twice as expensive as the visma option and they both sure do look pretty. Does anyone out there in Local-land actually use any of these products - if so do you find them a delight or do they make you want to slowly kill the people that wrote them?
+
David S
post 6.Feb.2009, 12:54 PM
Post #8

SPCS and Visma are I believe the most popular. Mamut has a nice system I've been looking at, there's a decent free version - http://www.mamut.com/se/
+
voidplay
post 6.Feb.2009, 03:47 PM
Post #9

I know it is popular , low end probably cheap but don't know if it is the best in Sweden

http://www.tallysolutions.com

And there are many open source one check

http://sourceforge.net/
+
voidplay
post 6.Feb.2009, 03:52 PM
Post #10

I know it is popular , low end probably cheap but don't know if it is the best in Sweden

http://www.tallysolutions.com

And there are many open source one check

http://sourceforge.net/
+
Spir0
post 6.Feb.2009, 04:12 PM
Post #11

I used Hogia on a daily basis. It was OK to crap.
Now use Microsoft Dynamics much better but, probably way out of a small business' price range.
+
liveman
post 8.Feb.2009, 02:41 PM
Post #12

Try LiveAccounting: www.liveaccounting.com

Its made in Swedish and can be used worldwide. Complies with Swedish/EU taxation methods.

As the global economy worsens, many entrepreneurs are starting to prepare their company accounting and saving accounting costs. Preparing your company accounting will save small businesses huge cost to accountants.

Accountants in Sweden currently charge 600-1800/hr. Handelsbolag (Trading partnership), Kommanditbolag (Limited partnership) and Enskild näringsidkare (Sole trader) do not require accountants to prepare their annual reports/filing of tax returns.

Liveaccounting main features includes: calculates shipping, moms (VAT), discounts, deposits, fiscal data storage, backups, automated fiscal year closure (“close the books”) , automated processes, choose/change calendar year or fiscal year, view previous fiscal years, create/print/issue online invoices and keep track of your sales/expenses/fiscal reports while on a business trip, multi-employee access, multi-customers, multi-branch, multi-department, built in currency converter, General ledger, Cash flow, Income Statement, Balance sheet, Chart of accounts, add/edit/view/print expenses invoices, add/edit/view/print sales invoices, rebill invoices, use your own logo, in-house staff to assist you (if required, fees apply), in-house accountant to issue fiscal reports/letters (if required, fees appy), training, access your accounting anywhere/anytime, 24hrs technical support and many more, etc.

LiveAccounting is a moving accounting machine and very handy if you are always on the move. Approved for funding in 2007 by NUTEK.

Try the demo to see if it meets your requirements. If satisfied, register online (entrepreneurs only) and try it for 15 days, if not satisfied, there are no obligations to pay.

In the demo version at http://www.liveaccounting.com/secure.php, Just keep adding your data, the system will automatically prevent any errors by alerting potential errors and highlighting recommended solutions. Have fun!
+
lordmagneto
post 16.Apr.2012, 07:31 AM
Post #13

QUOTE (Squiddy @ 6.Feb.2009, 09:36 AM) *
Morning all,I am in the process of starting my own company and was wondering if anyone can recommend any bookkeeping software? It's only me that will be using it and it do ... (show full quote)

Hejsan! I know this is a bit of an older post, but I have just started my own business here in Helsingborg, Sweden and was also wondering if anyone has found a very good and easy program similar to Quickbooks by Intuit or Peachtree by Sage. I have looked over Visma and Mamut and are open for more suggestions.

Thanks!
jd
dataoncall.se
+
Gordy
post 16.Apr.2012, 09:24 AM
Post #14

What I use is Speedledger and find it very good. It is linked to my bank account and it just uses a virtual printer to transfer all transactions from the bank account into Speedledger. In my business I have no cash payments everything is electronic and goes through the one bank account so for me it is a great program.

The only downside is that it is only available in Swedish and there is no manual in English although I have got telephone and email support from them in English.

I also use a local accountant to check that my MOMS returns are correct and to prepare my end of year accounts, he has access to my Speedledger account also and can make corrections and produce returns etc.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se