• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »    Reply to this topic

Online dating in Sweden

Recommended sites, info on the dating scene

lifesajourney999
post 2.May.2009, 01:47 AM
Post #1

I am an Californian who will be studying in Sweden next semester and can't wait that long so am looking to start talking to some Swedish girls. Can anybody recommend some good dating sites that young Swedish girls use or shed some wisdom on what the dating scene in Sweden is like?
Go to the top of the page
+
Nina_
post 3.May.2009, 04:03 AM
Post #2

I think that the best way for you to meet girls in Sweden is at nightclubs. Girls here are usually pretty reserved, so it is not easy to engage in a conversation with them if they are not out partying and having some drinks. At nightclubs you can easily get one-night-stands, but getting a relationship is another story: it will depend on how good you are in bed and on your seduction skills. Relationships here usually start with sex, and not the other way around. However, I must warn you: being in a relationship with a Swedish person is like having a friend with whom you have sex sometimes. If you are seeking a magical, romantic relationship, you will be disappointed.
+
voidplay
post 3.May.2009, 06:59 AM
Post #3

From my experience and what I learnt from friends, you are most likely to meet girls from US or UK who may or may not be Swedish. You might start now because Swedish girls generally seem to love the idea of having long distance relationships. I second the idea of going to night clubs if you are comfortable with that. But while you are there you might as well try italien, spanish, french, german or chinese. And if at all you get into conversation with someone don't count on it even if it seems quite positive. And don't feel bad if you don't find someone through your whole semester. You could be lucky and get somewhere on day one.

I recommend happypancake.com or if you prefer english speed date there is 'speeddate' and 'zoosk' but the features are not as good as HPC. If you are in it for sex (now let us say there are other things to it) and if you happen to be into fetishes then there is 'Darkside.se' I recommend this because I find the girls here but sensible and sensitive.

Good luck.
+
lifesajourney999
post 5.May.2009, 06:49 PM
Post #4

I found e-kontakt.se to be the best site so far...yet can't really find any others along the lines of what I'm looking for... it sucks that I have to translate everything into English through google.
+
Claimer
post 17.May.2009, 04:31 PM
Post #5

Hi guys,

Im never done it b4 but now im single again im gonna try it out!!

Does anyone know which are the best online dating sites to use in Sweden?

Cheers!

It should be a laugh.

Topics merged by admin
+
wwm
post 17.May.2009, 05:13 PM
Post #6

I met my husband on Match.com. But be carefull. Not everyone is genuine. i met a couple of weirdos too.
+
jim747
post 17.May.2009, 06:48 PM
Post #7

spray.se is another one, and parship.se there are normally adverts on other websites like Aftonbladet, and sometimes here too. Look up there ^^^ there is a dating tab, you could always start looking there.
+
lolaluv
post 28.Aug.2009, 04:44 PM
Post #8

I met my dream guy on www.motesplatsen.se
+
Paddy
post 28.Aug.2009, 04:50 PM
Post #9

"..young Swedish girls.."? How young a girl are we talking??
+
Miss Kitten
post 28.Aug.2009, 04:58 PM
Post #10

One can only hope that by "young Swedish girls" he really means "young Swedish women."
+
mumble914
post 24.Sep.2009, 07:56 PM
Post #11

Seems to me that the best way to go about this is joining groups that already do stuff you like. For example if you like snowboarding...join a group or association that already does those kinds of things. The easiest I guess is to join some language classes... be creative...what organization do you like and also is likely to have hot babes join! In the nightclubs it will be tough... the typical "who is the coolest guy" competition while screaming over the music.

Hope that helps, good luck..

Jewish Dating Service
Senior Dating Services
+
futureishere
post 25.Sep.2009, 08:17 AM
Post #12

QUOTE (mumble914 @ 24.Sep.2009, 08:56 PM) *
Seems to me that the best way to go about this is joining groups that already do stuff you like.

In that case I am doomed. I like electronics and there is not even a single girl in my 50-strong electronics class! sad.gif
+
dahlin
post 25.Sep.2009, 08:20 AM
Post #13

You mean you like ONLY electronics ???? huh.gif
+
BrittInSweden
post 25.Sep.2009, 10:47 AM
Post #14

If you have a lot of money then the Swedish girls will flock to you. If not... good luck smile.gif

QUOTE (lifesajourney999 @ 5.May.2009, 05:49 PM) *
I found e-kontakt.se to be the best site so far...yet can't really find any others along the lines of what I'm looking for... it sucks that I have to translate everyth ... (show full quote)

Just join any site you go to by putting the URL into http://translate.google.co.uk and the site will be in English for you as it goes through the site. So far it has been pretty accurate in its translations for my uses. Even if it gets something wrong you can generally spot it and guess what was intended.
+
Mzungu
post 25.Sep.2009, 10:50 AM
Post #15

The answer is to get off your asses and begin a social life...

*enter the real world*
+

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN