• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Second-hand car sales websites for Sweden

Where to look for a used car, and related advice

jpenney
post 5.May.2009, 03:41 PM
Post #1

Hi guys,

I'm giving up life in the UK and moving over to Sweden (Yay!) in the Summer. Gothenburg to be exact. Having lived with my girlfriend for the last 8 months over here, we're going to pack up and move over there to be with her family and so she can go to University.

Long story short, I'm going to need to buy a car pretty sharpish upon moving over there. (Although I will still be working remotely for the same UK company, so won't need to commute). Where is the best place to look (online)? In the UK, we have places like autotrader to get a good look at what is available, but I can't seem to find anything similar in Sweden. Any ideas much appreciated!! smile.gif

Also, I assume I can just buy a car and register it to an address. Do you think there will be many complications with this process?

Regards,
J
Go to the top of the page
+
Rubbi
post 5.May.2009, 04:14 PM
Post #2

Go to www.blocket.se then choose the area you want to look in. Swap Alla Kategorier for Bilar then you can narrow the search down a bit.
+
Princess P
post 5.May.2009, 04:28 PM
Post #3

We found ours through www.bytbil.com which our helpful insurance guy told us was the Swedish equivalent of auto-trader.
+
jpenney
post 5.May.2009, 04:55 PM
Post #4

Ahh, both great sites!!! Thanks a lot!

Are these mileage levels serious? Why does every car have sub 50k mileage? Doesn't seem too legit... wink.gif

ETA: Ahhh, swedish miles! Forgot about that little calculation!

On the note of insurance, where is the best place to look, as I assume I'll have to get local insurance. Maybe a broker is a good bet?

Cheers,
J
+
Princess P
post 5.May.2009, 05:11 PM
Post #5

We are with these guys:

http://www.if.se/web/se/privat/Pages/default.aspx
+
Wills
post 5.May.2009, 06:01 PM
Post #6

You could also try www.kvd.se . It's an auction website.

I've bought cars there before and had no problems. You can also check the suggested price for most models - just click 'Gratis bilvärdering'.

Good luck.
+
christ10
post 4.Aug.2010, 10:02 AM
Post #7

Thank you my friend for the website.
We are looking for right hand drive cars or commercials cars. We have listened that in Sweden the cars that the public services are using(like post, electicity) are right hand drive. I want to make me confirm if that thing is true or not and how we can find that cars.
Best Regards
Nicholas Papachristoforou
+
Neilkevin
post 29.Nov.2010, 06:44 AM
Post #8

I am also searching this for used car market in US as I am moving to States from London. I found a used car dealer based in LA having fleet that matches my budget and expected mileage.
+
Rick Methven
post 29.Nov.2010, 08:41 AM
Post #9

One thing to note is that you will have to have a Swedish personnummer to get insurance and to get the car registered in your name. as the transfer documents require a Swedish PN. unless it is sold for export and deregistered.

If you have any no claims bonus, you should be able to get at least some of it on your first Swedish insurance.

As Princess P said If.se is the best place to look for insurance. They are also behind, specific manufacturer insurance such as SAAB insurance.
+
Tellam
post 29.Nov.2010, 09:15 AM
Post #10

Before considering anything on www.blocket.se do an evaluation on www.bilpriser.se .
There are loads of dodgy dealers on Blocket asking for WAY over the odds for cars with loads of hidden faults.
www.kvd.se , as mentioned earlier, is a fantastic auction website. They list all known faults and photograph any damage. They mainly sell ex-company and repossessed vehicles with no middle-man and genuine openess.
+
molly1
post 16.Oct.2014, 11:13 AM
Post #11

I don’t have any idea about buy/sale second hand cars in UK as I am living in Sweden but, I have good information about the car decoration providers in Sweden. Hence, I will help you to change the look of old car so that you will never feel bore with that car. Actually, there are lots of companies are available in Stockholm and Gothenburg but some of them only offers good service along with reasonable price. Akompani is one of them which have well experienced staff. So, whenever you come here, visit that company and to get address do log on to their website.
+
skogsbo
post 16.Oct.2014, 12:06 PM
Post #12

QUOTE (molly1 @ 16.Oct.2014, 11:13 AM) *
I don’t have any idea about buy/sale second hand cars in UK as I am living in Sweden but, I have good information about the car decoration providers in Sweden. Hence, I wil ... (show full quote)

if you are going to spam, at least try to read the post properly, then wanted a car in Sweden, but also the date, it was 5 years ago!!
+

Reply to this topic
7 User(s) are reading this topic (7 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business.
If you want to stop, we can help.

Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
AA-EUROPE.ORG/SWEDEN