• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
  Reply to this topic

Traditional Chinese medicine in Sweden

Local practitioners, personal recommendations

Brad_L
post 21.May.2009, 08:37 AM
Post #1

I am moving to Uppsala, and am wondering if there are any doctors who practice Traditional Chinese Medicine. More specifically, I am looking for an herbalist. I'd be willing to travel to Stockholm for this service. Can anyone assist me with locating a practitioner?
Go to the top of the page
+
Brad_L
post 30.May.2009, 06:25 AM
Post #2

Are there doctors of Traditional Chinese Medicine in Sweden? I'll be living in Uppsala, but will be willing to travel in order to see one. Perhaps in Stockholm?

A TCM practitioner would be a doctor trained in Eastern medicine who can prescribe herbs instead of drugs and performs acupunture, cupping, moxibustion, etc.

Topics merged by admin
+
Joemath
post 30.May.2009, 01:52 PM
Post #3

I would consider starting here. This is a teaching academy for Chinese medicinal modalities.

Nei Jing Akademien AB
Östra Järnvägsgatan 1
Enköping, 745 37
Sweden
Phone: 0171-34300
Fax: 0171-34365

Joseph S. Maresca
+
Brad_L
post 1.Jun.2009, 06:20 PM
Post #4

Thank you! That's a very helpful starting point.
+
HALE
post 1.Jun.2009, 09:21 PM
Post #5

In Linköping is www.artofliving.nu

They do acupuncture, diet, herbal medicine, everything.
They speak english and you will notice a small english flag on their site.
It is not chinese but Vietnamese

good luck!
+
amandaw
post 18.Jun.2009, 04:33 AM
Post #6

Hi for Stockholm you can also try kinesisk medicine vårdcentral near T-skanstull. the webpage is www.kinesiskvardcentral.se they have traditional chinese medicine and herbal medicine or chinese herbs. There are at least 2 chinese doctors and they speak both English and Swedish.

Good luck!
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com