Reply to this topic

Buying a mobile phone

Basic advice for newcomers to Sweden

idouglas.75
post 23.Jun.2009, 09:44 AM
Post #1

Hey guys,
Im an american who just got to Sweden a few days ago. One of the 1st problems that I need to solve is buying a mobile phone over here. I went to two different stores (expert and onoff) and I must admit, that I didnt really understand how it all works. Most phones seem cheaper if you get a two year contract of course. What happens if you leave sweden and have to break the contract? Are there any cheap pay as you go phones/carriers? if you have any advice, let me know!
Thanks.-Ian
Go to the top of the page
+
Sofia_stockholm
post 23.Jun.2009, 09:48 AM
Post #2

I'd suggest nipping into a Phonehouse and asking them to show you a Pay-as-you-go phone in the price range of your choice. If you've only been to Sweden for a few days you would probably not be able to get a contract since they will do a credit check and you will have no proof of income.
+
Johno
post 23.Jun.2009, 09:51 AM
Post #3

ICA have just been advertising a very cheap pay as you go, if its just phone + SMS you need. No personnummer required as far as I could see. May be only in ICA Maxis. http://www.ev.se/news.php?id=4425 299 kr is cheap for Sweden.
+
kerostarfx
post 24.Jun.2009, 06:32 AM
Post #4

it depends how long you're going to be in Sweden for smile.gif

Personally I have the Telia Max25 plan, it's a really good deal if your friends and family use that here in Sweden and if your friends/family back home use AT&T/T-Mobile back in the US cause you can call/sms them. However, I only call the US with my cell in case I REALLY need to smile.gif

The phone I got was like 1000kr, and then bills come every 3 months which is awesome. You only pay for what you use up on your phone, and calling/sms other Telia customers is free!
+
macintosh
post 25.Jun.2009, 09:13 PM
Post #5

I've heard of Telia Max25 Package, as i could understand, it gives 25 free calls in a month to Telia? Is it so ? (is there limit of call duration) ?
If you could tell lil bit about this package, it will be great.
thanks.
+

Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Popular articles

Advertisement
Advertisement