• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >   Reply to this topic

American living in Gothenburg

Anyone else?

Amber Dawn
post 18.Jul.2010, 11:16 AM
Post #31

I am moving to about an hour from Gothenburg, but we go there often. We're heading there this weekend, actually. I am originally from Nashville, TN but have lived in NY/NJ the past five years.
Go to the top of the page
+
Tennessee Thunder
post 18.Jul.2010, 12:33 PM
Post #32

Been here almost 10 years(Stockholm)but going back home very soon,and not a moment to soon,I hate this place.
+
Amber Dawn
post 18.Jul.2010, 01:49 PM
Post #33

There are things I miss from the states, but I love it here. We're getting approved to be foster parents and just bought a little house out in the country. I guess it's not for everybody, though.
+
Paradise City
post 19.Jul.2010, 11:05 PM
Post #34

I'm 28, from Southern California-Murrieta to be exact. Moving to Gothenburg in two weeks with my Swedish husband. Have been living in Ireland for the past three years. I would love to meet up with all of you Americans!
I thought I would meet some in SFI, but I guess that's not too likely?

+
robert augustus II
post 28.Jul.2010, 12:24 PM
Post #35

Hello Fellow Expatriates!

I just moved to Göteborg a couple of weeks ago, living by Järntorget. Origianally, I, like Amber, am from Nashville, Tennessee. I went to college in Boulder, CO before moving to Brooklyn, NY, then here to Sweden.

So far, I'm liking it quite a bit, though I'm having a bit of a tough time finding work. I moved here with my wife, Elin, a Swedish native, because she's pregnant and we decided to raise our child here because so many obvious reasons.

Anyways, I'd love some good American company, and am usually always down for a drink or whatnot.

Cheers,

Robert

+
Benzed
post 29.Jul.2010, 09:05 PM
Post #36

Now playing : Tesla - 5 Man Acoustical Jam
+
Artificial Intelligence
post 31.Jul.2010, 01:25 PM
Post #37

QUOTE (Tennessee Thunder @ 18.Jul.2010, 11:33 AM) *
Been here almost 10 years(Stockholm)but going back home very soon,and not a moment to soon,I hate this place.

Lol @ I hate this place. I couldn't agree more! I hate the country in general :-( Joining the bandwagon of those leaving soon...hehe
+
Tennessee Thunder
post 31.Jul.2010, 04:14 PM
Post #38

QUOTE (robert augustus II @ 28.Jul.2010, 12:24 PM) *
Hello Fellow Expatriates!I just moved to Göteborg a couple of weeks ago, living by Järntorget. Origianally, I, like Amber, am from Nashville, Tennessee. I went to colleg ... (show full quote)

Robert,I,m from Bristol Tennessee,been here 11 years...
+
flyiboy2
post 1.Aug.2010, 05:24 PM
Post #39

Hi all...Baltimore born and raised...Lived in Washington DC, Sterling VA, Denver and Boston before moving to Gbg. Been here for the past 5 years..Coffee anyone ?

David
+
memyselfandi
post 2.Aug.2010, 04:52 AM
Post #40

QUOTE (flyiboy2 @ 1.Aug.2010, 05:24 PM) *
Hi all...Baltimore born and raised...Lived in Washington DC, Sterling VA, Denver and Boston before moving to Gbg. Been here for the past 5 years..Coffee anyone ?. David

Coffee? I do not meet anyone for coffee. Only beer, wine or other libations. I only drink coffee in the morning with breakfast.
+
heatherr
post 26.Aug.2010, 12:09 AM
Post #41

I am! Born in Indiana, lived in Virginia, Florida, NYC, SF. My boyfriend is Swedish, so now I'm over here, though not as a resident just yet.

I work from home and end up being a hermit. I would *love* to get out and meet up with other Americans for coffee, beer, whatever. It feels appropriate to mention age, so I'll say that I'm 26, but I don't care if you're 15 or 50. Let's fika!
+
missesaw
post 23.Dec.2010, 11:10 AM
Post #42

Hey...I hope you all view this thread periodically. I've recently moved to Gothenburg from Atlanta, Georgia and am highly interested in connecting with other Americans for networking, resources and general group therapy. I'll happily do coffee, drinks, food, or whatever way to meet and talk.

Thanks and hope to meet you all soon!

Michelle

+
etporter
post 8.Feb.2011, 09:44 PM
Post #43

My friend and I are coming to Goteborg this coming April to play baseball for their team, the Goteborg Hajarna.

We are very excited to come to Sweden and would love to be involved with fellow Americans and invite them to come watch us play Baseball.

Please let us know what we can do to be involved!

Thanks,

Evan
+
MariahMac
post 27.Apr.2011, 04:37 PM
Post #44

Hey y'all! rolleyes.gif

My name is Mariah and I am from Nashville, I have been living here in Gothenburg for about 8 months now and before that I lived in Eskilstuna for 3 years. I have quite a few American friends here but there is always room for more. I have started a facebook forum called American Expats in Gothenburg. What I want is for us to be able to share our experiences and maybe even plan some events together: You can find me on facebook my name is Mariah MacInnes biggrin.gif
+
tigger007
post 28.Apr.2011, 02:03 PM
Post #45

HEY! why don't we have an ALL AMERICAN DAY! where americans can meet in göteborg! i'm from wash dc. we can share info about getting jobs and other support for all things that concern americans in göteborg! if it sounds good send me a message on here!
+

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

jobs available
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com