• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V  < 1 2   Reply to this topic

3 year-old kidnapped by his father from Uppsala

Mother needs help to find her son

Stockholmpatch
post 10.Dec.2009, 11:41 PM
Post #16

speaking in signs...
Go to the top of the page
+
post 10.Dec.2009, 11:44 PM
Post #17

oh joy, a sock.
+
temporary
post 23.Dec.2009, 06:22 PM
Post #18

A related story. Finally 5 years (!) after being kidnapped by his Brazilian mother, the court has ordered a 9-year old boy home to his father. In this case the mother is even dead, and her family (the boys step dad) has been fighting for custody.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americas/12/...ttle/index.html
+
krow
post 24.Dec.2009, 01:41 PM
Post #19

why does the head of the woman in the picture look like its super imposed on the body , is this real??
+
temporary
post 21.Apr.2010, 03:50 PM
Post #20

Bringing up this old thread, due to a story in the newspaper today.

Aftonbladet reports that a father that kidnapped his son from Sweden (and the mother), now after 4 years gets sole custody. Svea hovrätt totally changed the verdict, from the one Tingsrätten previously gave. Their motivation is the boy needs continuity, and even if the father kidnapped the boy to start with, he has lived with the father for 4 years, and hence shall continue to do so.

Maybe I am the only one shaking my head about Sweden's messed up child custody laws. And how two courts can come to total opposite conclusions, is beyond me. Shows the law is totally screwed up. The verdict gives the signal it is okay to kidnap your kid, drag the legal fights out best you can, and you will get to legally keep the kid.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article6992792.ab
+
Jimmy
post 21.Apr.2010, 09:14 PM
Post #21

Been there had it done to me.
Now TR says I have no contact at all with my 12 yr old son as it would be to traumatic for him to leave me. Despite him saying he wants to live with me. Despite Social saying he is stressed and traumatised by not seeing me.
May 2 will be 2 years without a phone call, no b'day, fathers day or Christmas card.
The mother has also stopped all contact with my family and my sons friends from my area, the reason being as she stated in TR " He is not going to meet those people from that area". All of this goes directly against The Law written in the big blue book the judge has sitting in front of them, In Swedish and black on white. I even understand it.
+

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town
Consulting & Productions

We are an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish authorities, Swedish language practice, and general communications.
Call 0731 004 781 or visit:
swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
psdmedia.se
If you want to drink, that’s your business. If you want to stop, we can help.
Learn more about English-language Alcoholics Anonymous in Sweden. No dues. No fees. Confidentiality assured.
aa-europe.org/sweden
The Local Spain is hiring!
The Local is seeking a new editor for our site in Spain to join our growing team of internationally-minded, driven, ambitious and clued-up journalists.
Details and how to apply