• Sweden edition

The comments below have not been moderated in advance and are not produced by The Local unless clearly stated.
Readers are responsible for the content of their own comments. Comments that breach our terms and conditions will be removed.
2 Pages V   1 2 >   Reply to this topic

Long term car leasing

Is it possible, and with whom?

Tim82
post 16.Mar.2010, 07:41 PM
Post #1

Hi, I have recently moved to Skåne on a 3 year assignment and would like to lease a car for the period. I know of multiple companies that do this in the UK, but on account of my lack of Swedish I have been unable to find out if this is possible in Sweden. Please could anyone offer any advice / companies who operate this kind of system? Thanks!
Go to the top of the page
+
drubb
post 16.Mar.2010, 07:42 PM
Post #2

Use a car rental company for long term rentals. What type of car are you after?
+
Tim82
post 16.Mar.2010, 07:53 PM
Post #3

Thanks - I'm after a reliable executive coupe really... nothing too fancy, but possibly Audi / BMW. Do you have any suggestions for companies / websites? All those I've looked at appear to be short term only...
+
drubb
post 16.Mar.2010, 07:58 PM
Post #4

They never advertise the long term rentals on the websites. You can send me a PM and I will give you a rough price for a BMW 1 series or 3series and put you in touch with the right office in Malmö.
The car would be replaced every six months if a BMW or 9 months if you want a Audi. These are normally limited to 3000km a month but includes insurance maintenance and of course winter tyres for the winter period.
+
Furu
post 16.Mar.2010, 08:09 PM
Post #5

QUOTE (Tim82 @ 16.Mar.2010, 07:53 PM) *
Thanks - I'm after a reliable executive coupe really... nothing too fancy, but possibly Audi / BMW. Do you have any suggestions for companies / websites? All those I'v ... (show full quote)

Lease calculator for BMW.

http://www.bmw.se/se/sv/general/finansieri...etag_rakna.html
+
Tim82
post 16.Mar.2010, 08:14 PM
Post #6

Both, thanks - Drubb, I sent you a PM - any info you have would be great.

Furu - so you'd recommend leasing direct from manufacturer?
+
Furu
post 16.Mar.2010, 08:23 PM
Post #7

For 3 years, don't you think if you buy it would be cheaper because you can sell it once you are leaving or take it with you.

I am really not sure about your situation but you should always compare the price of buying vs leasing.

Are you aware that if the vehicle is registered to the company or for commercial use only you need to pay SKVT a fix amount every month which is in range of few hundred crowns. Alternately if a personal vehicle is used for commercial purpose you can deduct around 18kr for every 10kms you drive at a fix rate.

To give you better answer if you can tell the following -

1. Are you leasing yourself or is it your company paying the lease.

2. If the vehicle is for commercial or personal use.
+
Tim82
post 16.Mar.2010, 08:28 PM
Post #8

Hi, thanks - it would be a personal lease - 99% personal useage. Funded indirectly by company but would be in my name.
+
Johno
post 16.Mar.2010, 08:28 PM
Post #9

Avis in Sweden definitely offer it.

http://www.avis.se/leasing

and all the Avis offices I have been in have almost all the counter staff able to speak English. Their rates are generally the best for ordinary car hire in Sweden, and I have been round them all.

Telefon från Sverige: 0770 - 82 00 82
Telefon från utlandet: +46 31 725 67 11
E-post: reservation-office@avis.se
Fax: 031 - 725 67 67
Öppettider: 08.00 - 17.00 måndag - fredag
+
Tim82
post 16.Mar.2010, 08:30 PM
Post #10

P.S. will be between 2-3 yrs, it is an undetermined timescale really... wanted to avoid a second hand car, as want hassle free maintenance, etc, and would not buy a car outright, so would also involve financing...
+
Tim82
post 16.Mar.2010, 08:31 PM
Post #11

Johno - thanks also... sounds like I need to be speaking to these rental companies directly, as they don't seem to advertise long term arrangements...
+
drubb
post 16.Mar.2010, 08:33 PM
Post #12

For 3 years, don't you think if you buy it would be cheaper because you can sell it once you are leaving or take it with you.

Why would that make any sense considering the amount of money the car would lose in three years or the moment you drove it off the dealership floor. There would be maintenance costs and the hassle of selling it when your contract is over.
+
Tim82
post 16.Mar.2010, 08:36 PM
Post #13

agreed... I understand that leasing purely covers the depreciable element of the car cost over the given period, so whilst an expensive way of doing it over a relatively short period of time, you seem to pay net lower price than the delta between cost as new and net realisable value when I would leave the country...
+
Johno
post 16.Mar.2010, 08:38 PM
Post #14

On your hassle free needs, the AVIS page (in Swedish) seems to have what you would expect, monthly payments, and including 24 hour emergency cover. Send an e-mail or give them a ring. At least it will get you started on what it might cost. Best of luck.
+
drubb
post 16.Mar.2010, 08:47 PM
Post #15

The only downside with Avis is the fleet they use. It is pretty mediocre to say the least. If you want a cheap lease car then they are ok, as long as you like Citroen,Kia,Opel and some VW's and Audis.
+

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions
Swedish Down Town Consulting & Productions is an innovative business company which provides valuable assistance with the Swedish Authorities, Swedish language practice and general communications. Call 073-100 47 81 or visit:
www.swedishdowntown.com
PSD Media
PSD Media is marketing company that offers innovative solutions for online retailers. We provide modern solutions that help increase traffic and raise conversion. Visit our site at:
http://psdmedia.se